Advice on M4 Gen 8 casings

The casings suck on Gen 8’s but you can make them a bit more robust and secure by replacing all the philips head screws with these bad boys:

4 Likes

Yeah… they look great… one just needs to be a tad ‘limp wristed’ Ultra-gay when doing any blaster screws up… they are so easy to strip… laughing%20(1)

I hate that feeling of doing up a screw and you just realised you overcooked it by a tad … “missed it by THAT much!” (add Maxwell Smart impersonization there) and you are at the biggest screw size already, that can do the job…loser

I recently bought these off the interwebs (ebay)

There is heaps of kits of different size screw assortments and bolts etc on ebay and the like… I like to always have all different sizes on hand :+1:

1 Like

I think I just that to my son’s P90. All but one went tight then loose…:grimacing:

1 Like

At least it was your son’s… not yours dizzy

Hang on a minute!! Why don’t you go and do it to ALL of the rest of his… so when he is running after you trying to ‘get you’ … his blaster will be falling to bits… :+1: great idea running rofl

Lol, but who do you think gets to fix them :thinking:

1 Like

You can fix stripped threads in plastic.
Buy some JB weld and fill the stripped hole and wipe it flush then leave to dry overnight, re-drill with the correct size drill for your screw and refit the screw.
Stonger than original :+1:
PS you can even tap the JB and fit metal thread screws or Allen screws

4 Likes

Awesome, thanks. Will get some this week.

2 Likes

If it’s a hole right through just put some masking tape on the back of the hole to stop the JB weld slowly running out.

2 Likes