Aftermarket outer barrel install

Anyone else fitted an aftermarket outer barrel to their shark or XTP yet? I fitted one to my XTP this afternoon and found that I needed to dremel a small notch in order for the main body pin to be inserted without fouling and for the slide to sit fully forward at rest. Just replicated the shape of the stock barrel. Happy with how it turned out, I like the look and it still fires great!!

IMG_20200624_171823|689x500

2 Likes

What barrel was it ?

The photo looks like the barrel is pointing upwards :thinking:

It is pointing upward mate, that’s how this type of pistol operates. Google ‘Browning tilting barrel’.

1 Like

I understand that but your photo make the tilt look steep.
What was the barrel brand ?

Nah its how it looks with the original barrel

1 Like

Looks good in silver, I’d like to get a gold outer barrel, trigger mag release etc I reckon that would look dope

2 Likes

1 Like

Yeah probably just the angle of the photo exaggerates it a bit sorry, it just tilts the same amount as the stock barrel.

1 Like

Is this the one from Azraels .
Crushed steel outer barrel ?

Yes that’s the one mate.

1 Like

I’ve got the same one coming, Interesting it needed mods to fit :thinking:

You can still fit it without modifying it, however the slide will sit rearward by around 2-3 mm when fully forward. My OCD tendencies were not accepting that outcome so the dremel got involved.

Any pics of the what was modified on the barrel

If you look at the stock outer barrel on the XTP, you will see that this section is scalloped out to allow the main pin to pass through, whereas the aftermarket outer barrel has a hard angle that causes the outer barrel and slide to sit slightly rearward by a small amount.

2 Likes

I just have one question, how do you actually remove the inner barrel and ‘hop up’ chamber from the outer barrel? Can’t seem to get it out on mine.

Flat blade screw driver down the side between the inner and outer barrels. Gotta get the little lug on the inner to slide inside the outer

1 Like