So I’ve been doing some learning and I’ve decided it’s time to learn about cylinder ports, cylinder percentages and volumetric efficiency ratios. I’ve done some searching and have found answers to most of my questions but I’m still a little clueless on some. I also just need to confirm some info.
So from what I’ve read porting a cylinder is primarily used on shorter barrels where you would not need an entire cylinder of air. So why exactly do you port a cylinder? My guess is to suck air in quicker, which would be helpful for high FPS builds?
I was also going to ask what the hell cylinder percentages are but I think I may have figured it our while typing this. So a 100% cylinder is a cylinder without ports correct? And then 80% is 80% of the cylinder being used because the other 20% is ported? If this is right, it’s impossible to have a 100% ported cylinder right?
Also, volumetric efficiency ratio, 2:1 right?
Sorry it’s so long, but your help is greatly appreciated.