Alpha king gels Vs Ausgel amortechs

I usually use Ausgel amourtech as i’ve found them to be better for accuracy and FPS than most others i’ve tried.

I have now heard good things about Alpha King gels has anyone had any experience with both?

1 Like

I have some growing as we speak :+1:

3 Likes

Ok so from the reports these a supposed to grow slowly and get no bigger that 7.2mm…
But I decided to measure them after exactly 2hrs in tap water at around 23 degrees in airconditioning and they are allready measuring 7.4mm average !
They are insanely hard, way harder than the AT yellows.
I need to make another batch now to test for fps since these are now too big for my 7.3 id barrels :thinking:

3 Likes

I heard from one of the Alpha King importers at NukeTown that the supply may be limited or stop completely. So for me it’s not an option I can hang my hat on. Personally I’ll be sticking with Amour Techs.

While I wait for the new batch to grow I threw some in my M24 and Houston we have a problem !
They won’t be any good for indoor CQB because them damn things fly straight back at you instead of breaking ! I see a lot of shooting yourself from ricochet :rofl::rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

I hear ya mate but I personally do not like the AT’s at all plus they also have a new harder one due next week

1 Like

what are the even harder ones?? rocks?:rofl:

3 Likes

Lol these are like little rocks :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

I have run 3 mags of these so far and I didn’t find them any better or worse than my go to LDT milkies , if anything the accuracy was probably not as good.
More testing is required to make a final judgement on them.:thinking:

4 Likes

post a video! (…I say like it’s a trivial thing to do and takes no time out of your day)

1 Like

I would but the Runcam 2 A/S I ordered express post two days ago did not show up today damn it :frowning:

3 Likes

I had heard some whispers of this. I’ll stay on their website for when it dtops

WbJdLUI

5 Likes

Got a LDT HK416 with a 300mm length x 1.52mm ID barrel and have tried war interest milkies, Ausgel orange and purple stingers, Ausgel yellow armour techs, and now the Alphakings, and without doubt can vouch that the Alphakings are by far the hardest and most accurate gels I’ve tested so far in my stock blaster and my neighbours high end, high FPS build. They seem to suffer less from shotgunning of busted gels out the barrel. Heaps of reasons why gels shotgun, but weak gels is one less issue with the alphas imo. So much so that as mentioned, they don’t always bust on impact and can bounce around everywhere after impact, which I find hilarious. I was told to give them 8hrs to grow, so I leave em overnight. I’m not involved in the business at all, so they are a bit expensive at $15 a pack where I bought mine, but I like them heaps and bought 10 bags so I have plenty moving forward. Everything popular with gel blasting seems to sell out so fast :roll_eyes: I think the Armour Techs are probably my second fave, and then just good ol milkies. Everyone seems to have varied success with different stuff so maybe try a pack and go from there.

1 Like
1 Like

Hi Rattler, I am looking to upgrade my stock LDT HK416 (metal gears, full cylinder, piston with metal rack, spring, 11v, barrel etc.) and was thinking of going with the 7.3mm ID and 400mm barrel length. Do the gels if larger diameter stil go through the smaller barrel ok? Reason I ask is plenty of people mention on here using 7.0mm ‘tight bore’ barrels and I thought majority of all gels would be bigger than that? So do they squash into the barrel and still shoot out intact? If I want to shoot the Alphakings, am I better off with a 7.5mm ID do you think?

1 Like

They will squash through but I don’t reccomend doing that especially with very hard gels, that can cause jams.
You can still use a 7.3mm id barrel, just measure the gels and remove them from the water when they get to 7.2mm

2 Likes

Ha ha, much cheaper! Ouch, I gotta stop rushing into these things :man_facepalming:
So what would you recommend as the ideal barrel ID? I did a quick calc on the cylinder to barrel volume ratio and I have plenty of options it would seem, but I don’t know how accurate the calc is as the LDT HK nozzle seems to be an area of poor seal, so not sure if I’m losing a bit from there?

1 Like

Oh btw I ain’t in the industry either, no one ever gave me anything for free or for testing.
I am just hopelessly addicted to building blasters :blush:

5 Likes

Not shooting people?

1 Like