APS gear box finally firing but

Finally got this APS gearbox working in my metal reciever, it’s been a bit of challenge. Lots of dremel work and joining and splitting wires which is not my forte.
I did it the Low Guido way using Wells internals which seems to be running fine except I must have soldered the positive mag contact wire onto the wrong side of the trigger switch so soon as I connect a battery the motor in the mag is constantly running. Kinda like an auto prime I guess.
Well I always wanted an auto prime function so thinking I should take advantage of this.
Any ideas lecci guys how I could have a switch to turn this on and off and where to mount it?

1 Like

You still need to fix that or your mag will be spinning up a milkshake of gell balls.

If you do make a mag prime switch, you also need a diode so the the mag prime makes the mag motor run but not the gearbox motor. Otherwise your magprime is just another trigger pew pew pew!

I obviously have way too many parts and have just found in my stash a mag prime kit which has one battery terminal and maybe a diode which is hidden inside shrink wrap and a switch.
There is no where I could mount that switch without looking tacky since I am using a metal receiver and metal gearbox.

Use a tilt level switch from jaycar so that when you tip the blaster upside down it primes the mag, no outside switch needed

1 Like

That sounds a bit to tricky for me…maybe white mans magic

Can’t you put a switch in the top of your receiver so when you pull the charging handle it does a mag prime?
(the nylon gearbox has a cut out for just that)
Or you could put a pressure pad one on the front handguard (same as the ones you use for laser, flashlight etc)

3 Likes

How’s the M180 for punch? I’ve got one of the M150’s for my MK build and am keen to know what they can do.

Just waiting on a new barrel and I will chrono test for you @BallBagFace.
I have a few guns going and want to do a comparison.

1 Like

I am keen to get the general spec of all in the spreadsheet.

M150 is around 492fps
M180 is around 590fps
unless you are using DSG which changes everything.

1 Like

Are you talking springs or motors?

Either way… gel balls will be turning into dust.

1 Like

He’s got a friend getting married and he’s building a confetti cannon.

Do you have to call “hit” with that or can you just
ev3A9hdTx5lZu

3 Likes

Has to be talking springs… springs dictate FPS… motors only dictate ROF :+1:

1 Like

Yeah obviously Low Guido thought we were talking springs and not motors. Not that anyone would ever use a 1.8 spring, my 1.4 shatters the balls…a bit like some girls I know :wink: He’s a busy guy educating the misinformed, don’t knock the legend.

2 Likes

Ain’t no knocking happening at all. Sounds like the only knocking is the ladies against your nuts :rofl:

1 Like

yeah I was thinking springs… because well that’s what I think of when someone says M150 or M180…
some genius at chihai has thought it a good idea to give motors the same name as springs now.

5 Likes

240 volts?! 175,000 rpm?! There goes the gearbox :joy:

Nah…but bearings and bushings are going to need active cooling

You really are a funny and informative guy for being the second best? Tell me who is top dog? I have this awesome ■■■…damn it I forgot it I broke it ;-(

everyone thinks I am such a serious guy because I’m a tech, but I’m the least serious guy… I am always taking the piss.

3 Likes