Battery run time in a blaster

Hello, I have just finished building my UMP45, all nylon box with a green o ring, silver wiring kit, allo barrel and a hop up. So its basically stock gen 8’ish. I have fiited it with one of the 7.2v turning nano batteries (the one in the link). How much realistic game time will this run for? Havent played my first game yet and want to know a ballpark how many batteries I would need for say 6 hours of enjoyment. Now I know its all rough ballpark stuff, but whats the average run time for these?

1 Like

Couple hours i would say.

1 Like

Okay better order a couple extra, thanks for that, honestly has no idea.

There is math you can use when you get right into this but have 2-4 batteries of you are looking to be active all day on a field.

Buy a reasonable charger, not be b3

1 Like

Charge your battery up fully. Empty 10 mags then charge it up again on a charger that shows how many mAh are put back in.
If you put in 500mAh after 10 mags then you could say that you would 30 mags out of a 2000mAh battery with a couple to spare and safety margin

2 Likes

Have a B6 on the way, so invest as much as I spent on the blaster in batteries and I should be right, LOL

1 Like

Bloody good idea. I have also ordered a few of those buzzers that plug into the balance lead when playing so I will get an audible notification when to swap out.

2 Likes

Hiya.
Would be really interested in some pictures as to how you have set up this buzzer system mate.

1 Like

You can buy balance lead extenders if the buzzer doesn’t fit in with the battery. Open the blaster up and mount the buzzer where you have room, connect the extender then run that up to the battery compartment. also wrap some thick tape over the buzzer, they are really loud. Other team will know when you have a flat from 50m away.

1 Like

IronSpear, they are on the slowboat from AliExpress so will be a while before they arrive, but no probs, will tag you in this post once they are sorted, Matth 100, cheers for the heads up, Im thinking they have a couple of piezo screamers on the board so will muffle them so they arent heads for miles.

1 Like

bro you should check eBay out I’ve found few good scores from there and all of them located in aus so postage was fast

Cheers for the thought, cheapest in Oz was $5 each, but they are less than $2 each on Ali, I am in no rush, still building up my M4 (J9 base with V3 fighting Bro gearbox, SLR receiver, etc). In no rush. But thank you :slight_smile:

I was just thinking, hey that’s a great idea, I’ll get some of those… Then I thought of a funny situation where you’re being all stealthy and then the buzzer goes off and you get lit up like a Christmas tree :joy:

1 Like

Then I was also toying up with incorporating this :slight_smile: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1S-4S-Lithium-Battery-Capacity-Indicator-Module-4-2V-16-8V-Tester-Li-po-Li-ion/163677059570?var=463146425212

1 Like

Yes!
That looks perfect.
Great indicator.

Those little buzzers are loud, designed for aircraft, cars and boats and things away from you. There is no volume control, but you can roll up some tissue paper and stuff that into the sound outlets, then put some tape over it to keep it in. It quietens them right down… but you would still hear it.

Also, you can set the voltage the alarm goes off, there is a little button on top between the speakers. You can set the buzzer way don to emergency (like 330 or so) and just keep an eye on the number display.

When I want a bunch of things, like these, but it is 10 of then for $18 from China, or one of them for $9.95 from Australia, I buy one from Aus to get by with for now and order 10 from China which will eventually turn up on the slow boat :+1:

Low%20Voltage%20buzzer

2 Likes

Love these things but won’t use them on field.

If you are squeezing and you experience sag, they go off

Then you have everyone knowing you are there focus on you

1 Like

plug the little ‘sound horns’ each side of the little button… then they are really quiet…

1 Like

Just a thought, cut off the heat shrink, desolder the piezo’s and wire in some red LEDS to mount on your blaster.

1 Like

With those tiny 3S batteries that can fit in the stock of a Gen 9, I find by about the 5th mag the ROF is slowing down… finished by the end of the 6th mag…

You would need half a dozen to be able to shoot all day…

You can get low voltage buzzers that dont have a casing… just a plug on board with LED’s

As usual, they are $9 locally… or $2.50 from China :roll_eyes:

2 Likes