Best lubricant for O-rings

Hey lads,

Just wondering what would be the best lubricant to increase the longevity and improve seal of the o rings on the cap on the co2 mags for the new pistols?

Cheers guys

I recommend real fire arm silicone gel from a g u n shop. Abbeys Silicone G U N oil. You can buy it online too. Maybe some G U N grease too. No licence required to buy such things.

Yeah sweet cheers for that, got one around the corner will hit them up tomorrow

No problems. Other guys on here will also have recommendations. So maybe look at those options too. I just like what’s made 100% for the job.

1 Like

O rings alone i would recommend silicone grease used by scuba divers over ■■■ oil, its kinda like Vaseline consistency, all scuba shops sell it and is readily available online. if you think about the stuff the scuba guys use is what they trust there life with. With lube for other areas of the gel blaster then yes the abbeys silicone G U N oil would be ok

1 Like

Might have to experiment between the 2

For sure. I’ve also recently found a big difference depending on weather conditions . So yes try lots and see how you go. Please let us known how you go.

1 Like

Well if we are going back to grease instead of oil, then super lube would be the go right?

1 Like

I use g u n grease. So not sure.

The trouble with grease (or Vaso) on O rings… is the goop tends to accumulate in the holes in the piston… and the holes in the piston need to be clear… if you get goop in the head holes, you tend to get your balls sucked back in… Not a good thing (in a gel blaster)Gasp badluck

This is GBB so no piston :+1:

Awesome… use extra goop then koolaid lick

Extra goop1Xa

3 Likes

I love sticking my tongue into cakes like that…

Mmmmm McLovinit!

2 Likes

Your a fuckin foul man Calcifer :rofl:

4 Likes

So. What are the brand names for some of these O ring lubricants please?

Thanks
" Holly : Look, I’m trying to navigate at faster than the speed of light, which means that before you see something, you’ve already passed through it. Even with an IQ of 6000, it’s still brown-trousers time."

2 Likes

Superlube is great :+1:

https://www.mektronics.com.au/brands/super-lube

3 Likes

Sorry for the ignorance Mr Rattler Sir. But which one (literally) LOL.

Thanks in advance.

Take care.
" There’s nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can’t prolong.” – Monty Python

1 Like

The one called o ring lube :rofl:

https://www.mektronics.com.au/super-lube-o-ring-silicone-lubricant-4oz.html

Merci beaucoup, monsieur Rattler. Des réponses rapides comme toujours. Prends soin de toi.
"You don’t frighten us, English pig dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called ‘Arthur King,’ you and all your silly English K-nig-hts.” – Monty Python

1 Like

I use fire arm grease from the g u n shop. Works great.