Blaster concept design ideas. Your options?

Ok, keep an open mind everyone. I know the hardcore MilSim’ers will lose their sh*t, however…

What would you think of a gel blaster that looked like one of these designs?

Would anyone buy or use something like this?

Added bonus, in the right colours most would be legal in Victoria. Especially the bottom two.

Just trying to put some design concepts together. If you hate “space gun” looking things that’s fine. I’d still really appreciate your comments on the look/practical aspects etc.

Thanks in advance, Marty

#5 Has my vote. Are there already some design files put there?

Still on research mode at the moment. Working out what materials to build with, what gearbox to use etc etc… 3d printed pla/abs doesn’t really cut it, when I’ve upgraded my 3d printer I will be able to print in nylon… Still not sure if that’s practical… Have some ideas about using pvc sheet/pipe etc…

They look pretty cool, I would be interested in a different design like one of these.
Marty, whereabouts in Vic are you located ?

I’m in the Greensborough area. Where are you?

Ahh, cool. Not too far from me. Rather not publish my exact location on here though !
Can PM me if you like, would be good to perhaps catch up in person one day.

Oh that’s great. Sent you a pm

#1 and #4 are sex. Keep us posted with how the design, cut-up and print go, because I’m looking to do this with my pistol gearbox from out of a hopper-fed Deagle.

1 Like

This is a great idea - I was thinking of looking to the FPS gaming world for ideas - Planetside 2 has a faction with futuristic weapons - but no idea how one would go about trying to get shells made

I was gonna say Mass Effect ■■■■, but then I realised they don’t have magazine :joy:

I will go 3 and 6 , probably the hardest to manufacture but those are really different and futuristic :grin:

Looks like your gonna need an injection molding machine now :rofl:

1 Like

The magazine is one of the biggest things to work around in design if you want to make something look '“different”
District 9 has some good solutions for that.

#5 is my favorite out of all those. Great idea

No.6 is where I am happy to upset my bank account :heart_eyes: :ok_hand:

Well, there’s definitely interest @Arty_Marty!

Marty a number 5 would be pretty achievable based on an AUG, mostly just panels and a slight re design on the butt stock area. I’d buy it happily. A no 1 build could probably be based on a Wells G36C and I like it too, but please build no 5 for an ex Mill Park boy.

1 Like

U mean those cylinder looking thing?

#1 and #4 get my vote :+1:

1 Like

The real Doom prop was built off a G36 (or SL8 maybe), but there’s so much covering the outside you’d almost be better off building the whole outer, it’d be more sturdy at least!