Bruisemaster with aka gels, timing q

Using aka gels with my bruisemaster barrel and wondering if i bother timing my growth or just use fully grown aka’s. The fully grown don’t jam but i’m wondering if timed growth would benefit me at all and if so how long should i grow them for?

I believe controlled growth is the best option for consistent accuracy .
How long ? Until they are averaging about 0.1mm under the barrel’s id

3 Likes

I was finding for my 7.2mm barrel I was averaging 7.1mm with around 2 hour growth if that helps. I’m just measuring with a vernia so not crazy accurate

3 Likes

Any major difference in accuracy stopping growth at 2hrs vs 4hrs?

There is if at 2hrs they are approx. 0.1mm under your barrel id and at 4hrs they are over the id of your barrel…
Some like tight bore but I have found this tends to be less accurate and risks jams in the heat of battle :rofl:

2 Likes

Yea I’m moving away from the 7.2mm to 7.3 so growth times will change again so can let you know once I get around to growing next

1 Like

The bruisemaster is 7.25mm, but is 0.1mm under barrel size actually ideal? They can compress inside the barrel so I would have thought to not let any air past for maximum velocity you would want equal or even slightly larger?

1 Like

Yes you may get a little higher fps but accuracy goes out the window because they leave the barrel deformed

1 Like

The gel mushrooms from the pressure from behind so seals anyway.

2 Likes

No you actually get less fps with a gel larger than the id than you do with 0.1mm under.
It’s different if the gel is too small

1 Like

And once dried how long will they maintain the size kept at room temperature?

I’ve had them lose very little to nothing over weeks in a sealed container

3 Likes

How would this change the size of gels you should use? Narrowest point is 7.25mm but it’s not that narrow the entire length.

Best person to ask that question is Bruisemaster.
I don’t use those barrels

I’ve never had a response from Bruisemaster before. I’ve tried emails and Facebook messenger. Might try their support thread on here though.

That makes two of us :frowning:

From the resupp listing this may hint that size isn’t important with the Gold Series. Just aim for 7.2-7.4 for best velocity.

2 Likes

just curious what sizes would the aka gels be if i left then unattended overnight

i use 7.5mm inner barrel.

Don’t know because I’ve never let them go past 2hrs or so

Fark that must be a looonnng tapered reamer/s :thinking::zipper_mouth_face: