BY MAC10 Dive-in and Mods

I have a son who wants nothing more than his own SM Storm Bolter. My concern is he gets it, then he wants Dad to build him a suit of Terminator armour :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

That’s a sensible lad right there. Has he seen the video “guardsman” on YouTube? If he hasn’t, maybe don’t show him. After I saw it I jumped on old mates patreon, and there’s some sweet behind the scenes footage of the Aussie fella who has the full suit of power armour. So fucking cool.

The initial concept isn’t two hard, two gearboxes side by side, double mags clipped together to feed them. The hard part is getting double gearboxes down to a single grip and trigger setup that runs both. Slapping two Gen 8s together with basically a double MAC10 receiver over the top is getting close to a start, but getting down to a single trigger and grip, the harder part.

1 Like

Yeah he also saw the videos from the bloke down in Melbourne pretty sure with a complete Death Wing suit of termie armour standing over 8 foot tall and wears it to comic conventions. Naturally he’s like, that guy can build it, that’s what I want Dad!

2 Likes

Hard but not unpossible. I’ve literally been dreaming about it. Will require some crafty plastic welding, but I’m positive it can be done. At least by someone with skill.

In my ruminations on building a twin P90 (no grip issues but hopper has to feed both), one consideration was the current draw. 2 motors running at the same time doubles the load on the circuit. I might use a relay to alternate the firing which will be fun to watch.

1 Like

What software do you use to do your painting mock-up?

How about a tutorial post about that?

2 Likes

Can do. :+1:

Excuse anything I say, cos for me electrics are wizardry and black magic. but my plan was to have essentially two seperate units stuck together, so, battery, wiring, gearbox etc all whole, and just hammer a single grip underneath and run all the wires to the one trigger. My hypothesis was everything would run normal but be actuated by the one trigger.

Understood.

I can envisage side-by-side units sharing a drum, grip and stock or 2 AKs at an angle.
My imaginations goes to strange places. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Strange and awesome places. And sharing a drum is a pretty sweet concept, but for my somewhat limited abilities, sickle mag storm bolsters do exist. And how slick is the Lego version? images (8) images (13)

1 Like

Cool. Imagine rotatable hop ups so you set where the gel trajectories converge or spread. :grin:

1 Like

That’s about a six can afternoon working out the convergence point. And fuck being on the receiving end!

1 Like

Have you got one on the way?

Nah, gotta sort my shed out this weekend😂
Have a few blasters I have built and never taken for a game, so it’s time to do a stock take :rofl:
Might have to lay off the blaster purchases for a bit, perhaps pass a few of my one offs on to new homes to make room for future monstrosities :thinking:

1 Like

I’m in the same place. Easy to get carried away. :sunglasses:

1 Like

How about a mac11?

Let’s just wait and see all the problems, hell the gbb pistols all have problems just running semi :rofl:
I’ll still rock mine with more ammo and less maintenance :joy:

1 Like

I read the specs.
180-240 fps for a CO2.
30-36rps empties the mag in 3 secs.
$399

Check your maths…

Mag holds less than 30 rounds, fires 35 rounds or more per second…

Empty a mag in less than a second :rofl: