Clear SLR build

Looking forward to this build, sick of owning black blasters.
Theme will be clear/transparent blaster with anodised red accents,
Running gear, Titan, MK tactical box with 12:1 gears and motor still tbc.

8 Likes

Can’t wait to see the finished product !!

1 Like

I am doing one now the same but black.
I would love a Realtree camo hydro dipped one but the hydro kits a a bit expensive

1 Like

I recon SLR builds are the best clean M4 style build that can be built

2 Likes

Is that clear nylon or abs. Where did you find the shell. Coz I’m thinking I can finally have a blaster with Camo look as the clear will be easier to airbrush over black

Chenghai blasters, think it’s John Wang on FB.
I asked him and he had them sent straight from China, got it in 5days.

Chenghai blaster Yep their decent I got my first blasters upgrades from him coz it was 3 years ago and there wasn’t the range of products here now back then thanks I’ll hit him up

@Hiroshima_screamer im doing a similar build;d what cylinder head and t-piece did you choose cheers

V2 cylinder head and nozzle with a wells rubber tip, slr t piece. Modified to suit

A bit of mucking around I can go into detail if you want.

1 Like

Go into detail, please.

1 Like

Ok I’ll do my best, I’m still working on alternative solution to this.

So it looks like this, tappet and nozzle back

Tappet and nozzle fully forwards in t piece

I lightly ground the outside of the v2 nozzle and glued the wells tip on. On mine the wells nozzle is only on 3.5mm, I applied a lot of super glue around the outside of the nozzle where it meets the tip.
Hasn’t failed yet🤞🏽

Sealing wasn’t perfect so I moved the barrel back a couple of mm in the t piece by grinding back the barrel holder thingy. Make sure you don’t move it back to far where it obstructs gel feeding. Then I glued it in place.

I’m going to look at wether I can somehow fit the chainsaw slr tip onto the v2 nozzle as it may retain a better shape. If you look at how I’ve set up my nozzle and tip, the tip is not perfectly shaped which is why I had to move the barrel back a couple of mm.

That’s pretty much it I think🤔

3 Likes

Nice. I’ve almost got everything sorted for mine except for the cylinder head/nozzle and tappet. And when I say “sorted”, it just means that it’s all sitting around in its packaging (or in the post) waiting for a spare weekend where everyone’s out of the house.

2 Likes

Hey, did you have to mince around with the tappet plate to get it off the ground properly?

Not sure what you mean bud?

I think he means did you have to change the profile of the tappet plate foot to get it to feed properly :thinking:

1 Like

Yeah - what @Calcifer said :ok_hand:

Sorry, @Hiroshima_screamer - rough day, my English skills faded right after beer o’clock.

1 Like

The tail or fin end? Or the front part?

On the wells tappet which I had in first I didn’t touch the tail.
The v2 one I have in at the moment is a tappet for dsg gears but I want to try it in my modified 12:1 gears and see if it feeds still.
Just got the perun up and running and just waiting on some new grease then put her back together.

Thanks mate ! I appreciate it !

1 Like

Love the kincrome caliper noice touch.