Communication gear, radios etc

I know it’s been asked before but after a a more up to date answer.

What do you use for comms? What make & model radio, what specifications, what accessories, microphone, earpiece etc etc…

listen

6 Likes

serveimage%20(1)

2 Likes

I quite like the kit aldi uses but I’ve not managed to get a model from them

Apparently it’s weird to ask someone what model of communications equipment they are wearing

4 Likes

We use Motorola at work (not Aldi lol) but it’s too pricey for me to buy my own for fun. Works nicely though.

Have you considered phone apps such as Zello?

1 Like

Australia being the great retarded land of technical ineptitude that it is.

Anything relying on carrier data is doomed to failure

3 Likes

More reliable than most carriers…

smoke%20signals

4 Likes

It would be good to get something that’s compatible with what other people are using.

Considering the thousands of dollars we spend on blasters, does a good comms setup really cost too much?

3 Likes

@Arty_Marty Have a look at Tiger111HK. I buy almost all my upgrades exclusively through them :+1:

https://■■■■■■■.tiger111hk.com/■■■■■■■-Combat-Gear-Walkie-Talkie/c2_38/index.html

1 Like

If my niece stopped talking to MAC V SOG I could use this?

1 Like

If your into macv-sog read John Stryker Meyer books. crazy stuff

Is that the iPhone 16 everyone is talking about Spec? noidea laughing%20(1)

1 Like

Thats a Whiskey Tango Foxtrot… I think you should Sierra Tango Foxtrot Uniform and keep this channel clear for military traffic son…over !

Comms would be a lot better with more serious replies…

head

3 Likes

No shit…violin rofl

On some of these ‘Grom squad’ videos, they are constantly talking to each other on the bikes… I think they are using an ear set and mike that works with bluetooth and their phones?

It is really clear with his helmet on and no wind noise? On some videos, 3 or 4 of them are talking to each other and they have bluetooth open, so they pick up other riders like back in the old CB days… people dropping in :+1:

Here is a video where they are talking to each other … it is crystal clear whatever they are using… no wind noise or anything?

So surely with either some sort of helmet or ear piece on the field, coms should be easy

1 Like

Try comtacs perhaps? Peltor hunting set is what I use for work