Compression questions

Yes, look for LowGuido’s videos on the intertubes… I learned nearly everything I know from is chop shop videos like

Evidently, his channel is the second best on the chopchoobs…noidea laughing (1)

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=low+guido

1 Like

The mx6 if fine no problem

1 Like

Righto cool, been 10 years since I used OG Inox at work.

The piston head need the holes in the face slightly enlarged to work best .
But do it very carefully and only in the top part, do not go right through the bottom as well :rofl:
I made them 1.5mm with a drill bit in a small hand chuck or pin vice.

1 Like

Kiwis tend to use Lanolin spray… reminds them of home avatar_22

sheepish

i work at jaycar so i have unlimited access to inox and pcb drill bits, 1.5 is no problem for me to drill out. did i ever mention i love you guys and they could seriously charge money for this forums membership

1 Like

I take cash or PayPal, oh and gifts :rofl:

4 Likes

Hi, i am just curious because i didn’t know i would need to lube the o-ring itself :frowning:
i thought all it would need for piston and cylinder is just lube the inside of the cylinder :sweat_smile:

We are all broke from buying blasters and upgrade parts :crazy_face:

1 Like

not coffee lol…
. .

1 Like

No not coffee ! If it’s liquid I do Bourbon :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

i knew i like you for a reason, i’m a turkey man myself

2 Likes

9 out of 10 men who tried Turkey said they preferred women :rofl:
And the tenth one was @Calcifer

6 Likes

Bit of lube on both helps longevity and good seal. Not heaps just a bit or it will block the air holes in your piston head or fill your gearbox with goop.

2 Likes

oh yes … it’s happening again! haha

2 Likes

is there a point where its is too big?
coz i been browsing piston and cylinder parts, but most on ebay seems either too small (the 8 tiny hole type), or the really big 7 holes in like a long ovel shape.

are all green o rings the same or do batches brands vary? they never have brands on them

Yes if you drilled them 10mm that would definitely be too big :rofl:
Look most piston heads don’t need touching, that shs nylon one has really tiny holes.
The best way to know is to test for suction, If there is any at all then the holes are too small… or you wrapped plumbers tape under the o ring :rofl:

4 Likes

oh ok, so to test, when i pull back i DONT want any suction/resistance in the plunger

2 Likes

yah thats what i thought too,
are spray on silicon grease any good for this job O_o?
it’s thin and doesn’t run