CQB Flashlight Brightness recommendation

Hi all, ordered myself a nice SMG style blaster with the aim of attending some CQB events. Just wondered what the gentleman’s agreement is on how bright you can have a blaster mounted flashlight before it becomes obnoxious. Was looking at a magnetic recharge o’light they specify as 600 lumens but worried it might be too bright.

Any experienced CQBers who can chime in here?

Thanks.

I just brought 2000 lumen, say good bye to your eyes suckers.

4 Likes

I make a point of hunting the blinders

Yooo bastards…

4 Likes

sunny warthog avoid at all cost.

2 Likes

Not looking to blind anyone, want just enough light to see the opponents and assist my go pro in also seeing them.

2 Likes

Ordered the runcam 2 the other day after months of procrastination

They’re a good scope cam

Those are nice too but waaay to long for a pistol

They sell different magnification lenses for them, could go with something wider. I prefer the 16mm though for engagements averaging 30M away.

I’ve opted for the shorter focal length of 10mtr

Think it’s the 170 degree.

It’s swappable if I decide I was a 120 or 135

I like flying on a 135

It’s just two grub screws to change the lens so pretty easy

Man it’s too easy

Back in my day we had to cast out own glass… :rofl::rofl::rofl:

But…hacky jobs were needed to fit lenses on decides that weren’t supposed to be interchangeable

Spoiled by modern innovation

3 Likes

That is my intention too

If you can though definitely use a blaster mounted camera in supplement to a head camera. No one likes shots of a blaster cam pointing at nothing, or even worse, the ground as you run.

1 Like

Here is mine… eek

Hang on to your balls (Eye-balls that is)

Redneck Swiss Army Knife

Nah, not really… I merely Plagiarised them from google pics… Kudos to their creators!! haillike

4 Likes

In the end I did some googling and air soft forums suggested 300lm, so I ordered an Olight which has two modes. 300lm and 1500lm for when necessary.

1 Like

CQB I would go with WML flashlight. Since you’re going for close quarters, your handguard is gonna be shorter so this type of flashlight is light and has a huge button to toggle.

2 Likes

That last one you linked is literally what I want to get myself. Just every time I get close the money runs away while my backs turns those unfaithful swine!
600-100umem I think would be plenty. But the thing I like with those 1500 linen ones you can turn it to have a low power setting which is I think about 4-600. Something around that. So it gives the best of both worlds.