Custom Gen 9 build

Hi all, I was looking at making my own gen 9 blaster using the nylon gearbox and reciever from GBA. i’m fairly new to the gel blaster fad, so I’m wondering if you guys know what gear I need to make a functioning blaster (aside from the stock and barrel). Trying to keep it under $200, with gearbox and reciever costing $68.
Thanks

i’m sure a couple of us will have budget ideas for you

i would say don’t.

buy a solid entry level blaster that has a good upgrade path into something you might otherwise want to build,

its cheaper (much) and you get a better result.

1 Like

You can buy a brand new Gen 9 m4a1 and a few upgrades for well under $200.
I also would say don’t because just finding the extra parts to make it a complete blaster will be hard and more expensive?

3 Likes

Take the advice from @zeHamish and @Rattler.
A quick search on ebay for “gen 9 M4A1” brings up multiple results. You can get one for $165 delivered.

Not trying to talk you out of building one yourself, just be aware it can turn into an expensive (and sometimes very frustrating) exercise.

3 Likes

and often what you think you want / need in a build doesn’t actually turn out to be what you should have spent money on

2 Likes
3 Likes

i like these guys.

they spend the time with you to get you clued in.

fantastic support

3 Likes

I haven’t use them but gen 9 at $150 is very cheap :+1:

2 Likes

Damn right, it’s good to swe

I’m thinking of cutting back to either a gen 8 m4a1 or wells m4, as Ninja Blaster has them for the low price of $99! Nice and cheap and lots of money for upgrades and drum mags😁