Had the short version for some time and while it often gets compared with the M97 and 870 it’s now advertised for $79 and I thought it was time I tore it down to see if it was worth even that little.
I had lost interest in most shottys after modding the twin-barreled M203 into one.
It’s still the only blaster that propels 2 gels at 250fps using a single cylinder, if that is you’re prepared to do a little DIY.
Definitely nothing like it for under $40 but I digress.
- Hefty for a simple shotty @ 950g
- Slide a little loose and rattles. Could be tidier.
- Slide is on a sturdy metal tube, hence the weight
- Alloy barrel appears unsecured and is recessed ~7cm inside outer.
- Pump action is heavy
- WI Reds, can’t get any 2 fps close enough to say
- Ultras, ~205
Gels were straight for about 12-15m