Displaying the beasts

I finally got around to building a display rack for the beasts. Only problem now is I’m already out of room and gonna have to build another one for the next ■■■.

Top to bottom
P90 V3
JM Gen 8 M4
M249
and the sad one in pieces at the bottom is an RX AK47 waiting on parts

8 Likes

Nice Rack :rofl:
If only I had room for something like that, Or was allowed to display my pride and joys!
I’m slowly wearing her down! :+1:t3:

3 Likes

I found collecting them in piles around the lounge room and hanging them in bits off the lounge furniture was plenty of motivation for her to give me the hallway wall…

The whole wall…

6 Likes

You Lucky Lucky Bastard!

1 Like

More blasters == more maintenance

More upgrade costs

It’s a bitter sweet pickle to be in

1 Like

I would love to know more about your SAW mate; What did you do to the front-end, and have you upgraded anything else?

I made up a metal barrel and a flash hider from parts at Bunnings :D. I added a MOE front grip and better bipod and I also cut off the ridiculous front sight that comes moulded into the body as it doesn’t line up with the rear sight and used the M4’s front sight (turned around). I’ve got some flip up sights on order for the M4 but the Aimpoint works fine anyway.

Only internal upgrade at the moment is a slightly bigger spring, better o-ring and 11.1v battery but I’m planning on an alloy inner barrel and hop up in the near future. The main thing I want to do though is to add in a big chunk of metal inside the body to give it some weight, it’s way too light.

Oh, I also cut away a lot of the plastic from under the heat shield so you can see the barrel, looks a bit more realistic IMO.

3 Likes

I’m really keen to do up the SAW as there are not too many out there (and even less modded ones) and its a damn lot of fun on the field. Ideas for the future are (realistic or not):

1. Opening the belt feed port and fasting in a length of 5.56mm belt ammo (Evike sells 20 round lengths of fake 5.56 for around $20USD)
  2. Opening up the mag port, adding in a flip open dust cover so I can mount a Gen8 or Gen9 mag in there as you can with the real one. The real fantasy is to mod a mechanism up so it will feed from that mag or the big mag with some sort of switching mechanism.
  3. Spade grip for vehicle mounting.
  4. Magnetic front monopod so you can attach to barrels or vehicle roofs out on the field for area defence.
  5. Mod up a working cocking handle connected to a mag prime. This would look cool but as the handle is moulded as part of the body it would require some serious cosmetic surgery.
  6. Probably more but that’s crazy enough :smiley:
3 Likes

Mad idea, how about a using decent-sized speaker magnet as the vehicle/barrel/IBC-Frame mounting point?

That said, I am glad to see another person keen to give the SAW some TLC. I got one for Xmas and I absolutely love it; definitely want to give it some much-needed conversion-love.

I was surprised at just how short the inner barrel measures up; that’s partly why i was asking about the front-end of yours, I reckon a 35cm internal with a hopup, disguised by a nice solid external and flash hider will be a nasty surprise. You spray - THEY pray :wink:

Oh and I DEFINITELY want to see future WIP’s for the belt addon

2 Likes

Good idea, I was going to use a magnetic dial indicator base since you can turn off the magnet with the flick of a switch, but I’m about to throw out some car speakers so that option is worth a look (since it’s free :smiley: )

2 Likes

Internal is still the 35cm plastic barrel but I’m going to throw in a 45cm with hopup and give it a go. Can always shorten it if the length is an issue. I’m going to have to do more research into cylinder porting to see how much it makes a difference with different barrel lengths.

3 Likes

This chat has inspired me - thinking of removing the carry handle, and rigging a bit of steel pipe along the top in it’s place;

1: To strengthen and give some weight to the body
2: I reckon a few holes in it right above the gearbox will make a it mini amplifier.

Some men fit silencers - I want to fit a LOUDENER :wink:

Definitely going to throw one of these bad buggers onto mine though…

6 Likes

Did a first upgrade on the P90 yesterday with an M90 spring, oring and 32cm barrel. Yet to add hop up but man, what a difference just the basic mods make to the range and power of the unit. I couldn’t hit a target 20 m away without having it up on a 45 deg angle, now it shoots straight at it.

Since the barrel is a couple fo inches longer than the body, and the hop up is yet to go on, I ended up making a barrel extension/flash hider for it this morning. Bunnings parts of course :joy: Even used the original barrel extension on the end.

p90

5 Likes

"barrel extension/flash hider for it this morning. Bunnings parts of course "

O’really? What bits did you use to make that? I wouldn’t mind knowing myself :wink:

2 Likes

I’ll start a thread on DIY custom bits in the near future.

4 Likes

Sharing is caring

We have so much tech knowledge here we should start putting up crafty stuff

1 Like

Really happy with my 249 at the moment

This is a pic of my new 3d print hop up/barrel

5 Likes

I always get all excited when I see this thread TITle… my eyes seem to imagine an R in Beasts koolaid lick then I realise it just says 'displaying the ‘beasts’…badluck avatar_22

4 Likes

Was inspired by this thread!
Finally found some time to build a blaster rack.
Then finally conned the mrs into letting me place it somewhere!!
Now I find myself drifting from watching tv to staring at my toys! :joy::joy:

8 Likes