Dry your balls.. Cheap solution from Reject shop the salad spinner!

3 Likes

For drying gel balls o.o??

I bought one months ago from a kitchen shop shutting down for $5.
Only issue I have found is the ribs on the side (designed to have some hold on the salad) rip the gels apart.
But it otherwise worked pretty well…

Didn’t have any problems with this, even with standard milkies. Picked this up for three dollars, cut a white bucket lid to fit and drilled 6mm holes. Works a treat…

Yeah sorry mate, Newby here was meant to post this first. Mag motors got soaked and sized up, changed them and came up with solution on drying the gel balls

2 Likes

oh…
that made me check mine motors LOL
i mean i knew they gonna rust… but it’s kinda on the very very back of my head and i don’t really think about it LOL

little bit of surface rust… cleaned it off now, should be fine :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Oil the bushes every now and again or spray a little wd40 on them

3 Likes

yah did that :ok_hand:
the rust are mostly from my friend the previous owner,
after i got it i have only put about 2 mag of wet gels through it, then saw you guys saying that’s a big no no. gels been dry ever since :sweat_smile:
i did take the mag internal out (LOVE acr mag for that) after playing to dry them up initially tho

The gels used to spill out the top of mine when i spun them so now i put them in a stocking then in the spinner. Makes the hop up so much more effective when you have dry balls

2 Likes

Cool idea ! Will get one for the gels.
I suggest just lining the basket with paper towel perhaps to stop gel damage.

2 Likes

I juat use net washing bag thingy and towel it,
Seems fine, only issue if getting the gels out, if I don’t take my time some goes all over the floor

Colander and run a towel through them works for me and cost 0 as already got em.

1 Like

I also tried using the salad spinner to dry gels some time ago and the results were so-so. The milkies were dry but some of them were broken and some had cuts. Ended up having to sort out every balls to see which isn’t damage. More hassle than convenient. The strainer with dry towel method is still a better way to dry and minimize damaged gels.

3 Likes

Welcome @Pewpew thats a good tip!

Ive been pretty lucky when i had that happen and one seize by opeing it up and turning the shaft and have come back to life .

Yeah mate, that was the major advantage of drying the gel balls. I find that the hop up is far more effective when they are not soaking wet