Feed issues, tappet wear

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced a tappet wearing at the pickup point resulting in the nozzle not travelling far enough back to allow feeding.

back story is…was feeding happily, now doesn’t and the very front of the tappet is concave which used to be convex

i know i can sector delay it for a fix but thought i’d see if its something anyone else has experienced

h

Had the same issue on one build, didn’t pay enough attention as to why it happened though.
It’s weird because my dsg build the tappet didn’t have any wear marks at all yet this one did.
I wonder if the tappet was catching on something or wasn’t sliding smoothly when the box was shut.

i have only two theories and perhaps a combination of both

a strong return spring
an insane ROF

its the first time i’ve seen it too and it definitely looks like wear but the tappet / pull bridge moves uninhibited.

considering metal but that means metal on metal which i am not a fan on

Right is dsg tappet, other two are wells
All used in high ROF setups, check out the far left one its the munched one. They’re different materials but I have wells tappet in my other build and it’s showing no wear like the far left one.
Oh yeah I Swiss cheese my tappets for weight loss lol, haven’t had one break yet.

1 Like

Just remind me @Hiroshima_screamer never to go in a battle with you. I reckon I would end up looking like Swiss cheese :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah @Maystro I second that. I think @Hiroshima_screamer needs to change hobbies for our safety.

@Hiroshima_screamer Have you ever thought about getting a job at CERN? You should be firing protons down 27km long underground tubes at close to the speed of light.
… instead of trying to accelerate a gel ball down a 40cm tube at basically the same speed…

2 Likes

Me no IQ high enough for dat eh bro​:joy::joy:

1 Like