First Timer - Gear Advice

Hi all,

I only stumbled across gel blasting yesterday and am super keen on getting involed. What gear would be recommended for a first timer? Is one ■■■ enough to start with, or should I be looking at some packs to get some additional mags etc?

Cheers

Hi and welcome :grinning:
What you get will depend on how much you want to spend and what you like.
I reccomend the M4a1 v4 as it is quite good out of the box for comp use.
If you plan on doing skirmishes you will want a least 4 mags and 3 batteries plus safety glasses or goggles/mask as a minimum, also get hold of some LDT red packet milkies gels and a good hop up.
I personally allways like to have a spare blaster also but you could buy just the one until you know more about what you want.
https://m4a1gelblaster.com/products/m4v3metalgearboxblaster

2 Likes

Thanks for the response Rattler. I’m really keen to working on modding my weapons, so would the M4 be a good one in that sense also?

I’ve been reading that it’s good to have a reliable one to use consistently, and a second that you can tinker with quite often. Is that your reasoning for having two?

Thanks

1 Like

Yep the m4a1 is all wells internals so parts should be easy to get.
It is allready upgraded so you won’t need to do too much to it.
And yes two is allways better than one, that way you allways have something that works while the other gets repaired or upgraded :+1:

1 Like

I would advise you to check with the venue before you start on too many upgrade as a lot of fields don’t allow over 300fps.
Also, we here prefer to call them gel blasters or toys as opposed to weapons :+1:

1 Like

yes take rattlers advice the m4a1 gen 8 and gen 9 are modders dreams lots of after market parts those are great beginner blasters for outdoor suits, a tactical vest (if you want one you will probably need one), eye protection is mandatory at all fields, pistols are erhhh okaaay the skd g18 is the most popular but kublai are releasing a gas pistol soon, pick up some extra mags they are like 20 bucks and some warinterest gels NOTE the green bag are TRACER gels (tracer gels glow in the dark) but you need a tracer unit, they are best used for night games so in day time they are pointless. Get the RED bag of gels they are normal heavy milkies. if you need help on tearing down blasters Low Guido’s chop shop on youtube is a great place informative and detailed. For batteries turnigy lipos are the best but you need a mini tamiya connector and most blaster’s have the jst sm plug, but still good for gel blasters, get a balance charger for you batteries so you dont fuck the cells in them they are like 20 bucks on tac edge https://tacticaledge.com.au/collections/batteries-and-chargers/products/11-1v-and-7-4v-battery-charger. and last a red dot and a hopup, hopups improve accuracy and range by putting backspin on the ball and they are pretty cheap
hope this helps

1 Like

It’s not a gen8 , it’s the new wells v4 from m4a1 nothing like a gen8 .
Metal gearbox and gears , metal cylinder head and nozzle, metal top rail , metal inner and outer barrel etc.

my bad then just trying to help

1 Like

Are either of you able to comment on the ACR? I quickly visited a store nearby and much prefer the feel of it over the M4’s. I’m also not sure when comparing the ACR’s, the HE ACR 07 of the JM ACR-J10

The HE is crap but the ACR -J10 is ok, nowhere near upgraded like the M4a1 v4 .
The m4a1 v4 is $400 but well worth it.

The JM ACR J10 is not ready for comp use and there are a lot of people who have issues with the magazine.
The only place you can buy the m4a1 v4 is m4a1 gel blasters

2 Likes