Gel balls for stock MPX?

What are your favoured gel balls to use?
How do you prepare them?
Cheers.

The stock barrel is 7.5mm so I think your best option is the LDT red packet Milkies.
Don’t really need any special prep. for them just tap water or distilled water if you want to to make them slightly larger.

I’m yet to receive the latest pre-ordered MPX, but it’s advertised as having a 7.3mm barrel.
Wonder if it has changed from previous batches?

They have allways advertised 7.3 but are infact slightly over 7.5mm :no_mouth:

If I were you I would change out the barrel asap, it make a huge difference.
These are what I am using and they are cheap and very good :+1:

1 Like

Bugga’! That was one of the selling points I made my choice to buy it on.

1 Like

Maybe on the new batch they may have changed to the advertised barrel id but I doubt it.
I complained when I got mine but never even got a reply !

1 Like

I have an MPX and a Titan and both have 7.5mm id barrels.
Also out of the box they were both ridiculously loud and that is not a good thing.
I stripped both of mine in the first few days of owning them and fixed the leaks and installed new barrels and t pieces which made a huge difference, they went from 240fps or less to over 300fps.
Since then I have changed out the gears, pistons, motors and fitted Perun mosfets,now both a the quietest blasters I own and can hit 360fps plus on the stock spring ! I had to change to a 1.1mm spring to get just under 300fps :+1:

2 Likes

I’ve contacted Azraels Armoury via email to confirm what id the MPX’s barrel in fact has.

1 Like

He is the mpx barrel 7.54mm id !

1 Like

Did you modify the shell to fit the gears? What motor did you upgrade to, @Rattler? Cheers.

No no mods required and I used this motor.
It is a very high quality motor and cheap !

1 Like

Do not buy pressed metal gears, get SHS gears or similar machine cut hardened steel ones.

1 Like

Oh and also my fav. Piston is the shs 14tooth nylon blue one, it has a very good quality metal rack.

1 Like

I’ve got a spare APS gearbox to pilfer most parts to start with.
I’ll be running Titan 7.4v batteries, so hoping it won’t stress the box too much.

1 Like

It will be fine as long as it will fit in the small battery compartment.
The motor above will give quite a boost to the rof even on the 7.4v battery

1 Like

That was my thinking. And I’m used to using Li-ion batteries.

1 Like

I use the Titans in both 7.4 and 11.1v , they are great and last a long time

1 Like

What did you find was wrong with the original T-piece?

Nothing, it is fine but the original barrel is just pushed in with o rings and 2 grub screws so it leaks, you can just remove the screws and pull the barrel out then clean everything with alcohol and epoxy the new barrel in.
It’s permanent but seals perfectly.

1 Like