Gel Blasters in VIC or NSW loophole?

So i was thinking about it and the main reason gel blasters a not allowed in VIC and NSW is because of “realism” so they are way to realistic looking so they are banned. Obviously i am dissapointed we cant have them in these states so its time to get inventive.

So what i was thinking is to get around this fact is to use my 3d printer to make a less non-realistic looking gel blaster maybe more nerf looking style or even movie si-fi inspired.

So the basic idea would be to 3d print a shell of a new and unique design then fit gel blaster (or are they ■■■■■■■) parts into it.

This is a example 3d printed ■■■■■■■ blaster

The parts look very similar to what a gel blaster uses and i absolutely love the bullpup design. Would it even be possible to turn a ■■■■■■■ blaster into a gel blaster? What is the difference between the parts a ■■■■■■■ and a gel blaster is it mostly the hopup and barrel determining the ■■■■■■■■■■ type?

If you can print it, good on you.
If you can get or print a gearbox, good on you.
If you get it all together, good on you.
If you get caught with it, your fuct!

3 Likes

Isn’t this their whole legal argument is the fact it looks real? So if it doesn’t look real then they have no legitimate cause to do anything about it?

I would approach and ask to make sure with local authorities before commencing such a project just to be totally clear and transparent as possible.

I’m in nsw and have two already, will be getting more. I just plan to keep em outa sight. If I do ever get in trouble I will plead insanity, insane will love for my gel blasters.

1 Like

@intensify you would have much better luck frankenstein-ing something that uses a nerf shell and fitting parts in that way.

Otherwise, under VIC law the absolute best bet (also comes with the side benefit of fully legal battles + much easier imports) is to set up a historical reenactment club.

If this can be registered under the ALHF you’re golden, otherwise there’s another process for clubs outside the ALHF for them to be gazette’d and placed under a governor in council exemption order.

Members under such a club could import, possess and use any kind of gel ball blaster they want (as long as spring powered - same as NERF) and used for club activities e.g. reenactments of historical battles.

Of course, if you’re a prohibited person you’re SOL. And honestly I’d rather have these toys in the hands of people who haven’t been convicted for domestic violence/firearm offences etc…

It is quite a bit of work though.