Gen 9 Gearbox issue

Hi Guys,

did the standard noob thing and took apart my blaster to try and upgrade the o-ring.
i reassembled and the gears didnt appear to rotate and the box was making a grinding sound.
i tried adjusting the height of the motor but still nothing.

have i reassembled incorrectly ?

cheers

Is it just the photo, or are there teeth missing from the bevel?
And you might want to look at the positive wire going to the trigger, bare wiring there already.

2 Likes

I think its just the crappy photo, all the teeth are there. - i ordered a new gearbox and will so i can still have a play around while i try fix this one

It looks like the spur and sector gears aren’t meshing together

1 Like

It looks to me in the first pic, that some teeth off the first gear (which the pinion drives) are missing?

I think new blaster owners should just use their blaster stock and buy a spare gearbox to have on hand… then, if they must pull their blaster apart, they have a gearbox to put back in the blaster and get it going again, whilst they figure out how to put the original back together.

Better still, perhaps they should buy 2 blasters first up… one to not wreck and one to play with (AKA: Wreck) noidea laughing%20(1)

1 Like

Yeah i agree, at least now i have a second box to use and can tinker with the original

1 Like