Hand Stippling, show us your work!

Hi guys/girls, Ive been meaning to try my hand at some stippling for some time now. Being a welder by trade i thought it may assist me somewhat :man_shrugging:t4: anywho, gave it a go today on my black hornet and was pretty happy with the outcome. Still need to give it a clean up but see pics below.

Show us your work on your blasters! (Or real steel/polymer)

Cheers

9 Likes

Well done, that’s looks good.
Did you just use a soldering iron?

1 Like

@Daveb Yep spare soldering iron and modified tip :+1:t4:

2 Likes

And I’m guessing plenty of patience to go with that?

Yeh plenty of time and patience :sweat_smile: the smell was terrible too had to move it outside and get the fans going.

4 Likes

Yeah, 2 hours in when you’re only half done thinking “WHY did I start this… What the actual fuck was I thinking…”

Looks awesome!

7 Likes

@Arty_Marty Hahaha so true i did that at exactly half way :joy:

2 Likes

Yep that’s what i suspected! Lucky the Scorpion comes std with it.
Xtp might just get a rubber grip! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Skateboard tape? @Daveb its one of those things theres no right or wrong way to do it but you could easily fuck it up, then your in trouble :joy:

3 Likes

Yeah good ol’ deck tape for a skate board. Not a bad idea. Probably have a crack with the iron I reckon even if it takes me a week…

1 Like

I think there is always hope to fix a fuck up. Unless that fuck up is actually a hole right through.
That’s the sort of thing I’d do. Fall asleep because of my narcolepsy, then wake up with the soldering iron sticking out the other side and that horrible burnt chicken smell and searing pain…

3 Likes

Hopefully you don’t drop your head on the iron as you fall asleep :woozy_face:

3 Likes

There needs to be a laugh out loud button next to the like button :joy:

4 Likes

I’ve nearly burnt the house down with my jewellery soldering torch before a few times because of that…

2 Likes

Wow! That adds a bit of stress to the job at hand I’m guessing? Need a safety switch connected to your head and the roof, when your head your drops cuts the power/gas to tool.

2 Likes

Problem is I’ve got good at falling asleep standing up.

One minute I’m heating up a bit of silver, next thing it’s glowing red and only surface tension holding it together.
Oh fuck, 1 min microsleep just happened…

Also done that on ladder a few times too… Even while writing this post I drifted off a few times…

That’s life… :crazy_face::pensive::thinking::grin:

4 Likes

Struth that’s pretty serious mate. I guess you’d learn to live with it sort of…

Holy shit thats insane man! Ive never known anyone who does that, however i have a friend whos the complete opposite to you @Arty_Marty so he would consider that a blessing.

1 Like

1 Like

Biggest part is learning not to beat myself up over it.
Anyway, I’ve derailed this thread. Sorry
Back to talking about hand stippling…

Show us ya work. I’ve got a few scifi projects I’ll be doing this to later in the year but I’m going to buy a few cheap grips to practice on first as the proper ones have grips you can’t really replace as it’s a fixed part of the stock…

2 Likes