Handgaurd import/ assembly questions

G’day lads i’m going to be ordering the 14.5inch version of the geissele handgaurd off ali and just was wondering if anyone had run into any problems with getting one through customs at all? (Handgaurd pic for ref below)

Assembly questions: currently have the 10inch version on one of my hk’s and love it so want that extra bit of length :wink: for a more dmr style build. The 10 inch fits perfect with the outer barrel and original gas block set up but is going to be too short running the 14.5 inch handgaurd. What have you guys done in other builds to get around this?

There is this but feel it would sit oddly without the gas block holding it in place

get the warinterest outer barrel from monkee mods. get 12in one

i got a few alloy handguards from os no probs.

1 Like

Ahh perfect thankyou!

monkee mods got the 14.5 handguard too. be quicker shipping than sinairsoft atm.

$117
also if i use work address for delivery seems to knock a couple of days off as well

1 Like

No guarantees. If inspected by ABF, may be considered firearm or imitation firearm part and seized. Pot luck.

Seems plenty of people have, just need to consider you’re at the mercy of ABF.

Monkeemods have a shipping insurance option that covers seizure by customs - not sure how many other sellers offer this?

2 Likes

Got mine of ra armaments took 2 days delivery in qld

2 Likes

Gas block took over 2 months through Ali… During covid though

2 Likes

Ahhh sorry just noticed you already had the 10 inch and was looking at the long one ignore me…

1 Like

It’s completely legal to import real steel firearm handguards without a permit so no issues with the one from Ali, just be prepared to wait… And wait… And wait…

1 Like

Thankyou for the replies guys! Seeking the coyote brown 14 incher so i think i’ll dig in and do the good old long wait from ali :joy:

Even if it is, it’s comes down to interpretation by the ABF officer:

Regulation 4F of the Customs (Prohibited Imports) Regulations 1956 prohibits the importation of firearms, firearm accessories, firearm parts, firearm magazines, ■■■■■■■■■■, a component of ■■■■■■■■■■ and imitation firearms (firearms and associated items) unless permission has been granted by the Minister for Home Affairs or an authorised person or in some cases state or territory police.

This ABF guy is proudly showing off seized “real” “M4 Armalite or AR-15” “firearm parts”:

Yes, it’s just an alloy handguard.

If you take a look at what I recently had seized (MP5 UMP stock), it doesn’t matter what’s “allowed”, or requires a permit or not - the inspecting ABF officer can make whatever determination they like and we have to wear it, or fight it.

I’m not scaremongering, but the answer to the original question around trouble with importing would have to be yes, but unlikely.

Personally, I’d be leaning towards an insured shipping option like the Monkee Mods offering.

2 Likes

At the moment I would say it is likely unfortunately :thinking:

2 Likes

Was it a folding stock you had seized by any chance? Folding stocks are a prohibited import and because the real steel MP5 and UMP both use nylon in their construction its almost impossible to distinguish between the 2 (real steel nylon v toy nylon stock). Handguards are not a prohibited item unless it has a functional part integrated (gas block/gas tube etc).

2 Likes

forgot to mention i would have had to use a 1inch extension on that warinterest outer barrel as well to have the flash hider just past the end. since the handguard rail don’t line up with the HT416d rail i never installed it all.

1 Like

Yes, it was.

Sure, I’d suggest the $20 price tag might be the only giveaway :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for the more detailed breakdown though!

1 Like

@HKlover what are you doing with your 10”? Keen to sell?

1 Like

Hi mate sorry not at this point in time but may be soon so i will let you know if i do :slight_smile:

1 Like