Help finding adaptor for new battery

So got a new battery… But having trouble finding an adaptor. Assuming I’m searching for the wrong thing?

https://bigbosstactical.com.au/?taxonomy=product_shipping_class&term=tamiya-mini-wires-wire-plug-connectors-convertor-conversion-extended-extendor-jst-gel-abll-aeg-■■■■■■■-battery-gel-blaster-wiring-wire

3 Likes

Strange they refer to SM plugs as JST?.. JST are the red rectangular plugs? :thinking:

Legend - thanks mate

1 Like

Yeah I find it confusing - different names for the same things, same name for different things - sigh

There are many types of jst connectors

2 Likes

Agreed, however, if you mention ‘jst’ plugs to anyone in RC, they tend to think of these

Or, micro jst:

I thought the overall (family) names for all of the plugs was ‘Molex’?.. :thinking:

Live and learn eh bro… :money_mouth_face:

1 Like

Or maybe I shouldn’t stuff around with connectors at all and just solder a Tamiya male onto my blaster… thoughts?

3 Likes

Molex is a different manufacturer

1 Like

Now your thinking the right way except that I would change both to XT30 :+1:

2 Likes

I think I’m convinced

2 Likes

What size solder would you suggest? 1mm? 2mm?

1 Like

1mm is more than enough.
Oh and don’t buy lead free :poop:

2 Likes

While we’re at it make sure when you do the battery you only cut one wire at a time and solder it and heat shrink it then do the second one, then we won’t have any bon fires :rofl:

1 Like

the choice of connectors depends on if you have any other RC stuff that you can share batteries with. For example, most of my bigger helicopters and my buggies have deans plugs, so I generally run deans on everything… and as Rattler says, the XT30 or middle size XT60 are a good common plug too. :+1:

2 Likes

I like XT30’s because they are so tiny and can fit in anywhere and are so easy to connect and remove, Plus 30amp continuous rating make them more than enough for blasters

1 Like

Got some 1mm 63/37 Tin Lead stuff

yupp yupp - will be careful and only do one at a time

1 Like

I do have an RC crawler - but its got traxxas connectors, so I have Deans T-plug adapters for that. I did condiser going Deans T-plugs everywhere, but yeah they are a bit big for blasters IMO

2 Likes

That 63/37 solder is really good :+1: