Help! Now I have fallen in Lurve with a biker!

I bet you can’t guess why? eye%20boggling noidea pinkbunny%20(1)

3 Likes

Prolly a ladyboy, champion!

2 Likes

Nuts. I’ve always wanted a bike and wondered why I didn’t get one, then I remember I don’t want to die

3 Likes

Sorry to ruin your dream there little fire demon… :anguished: She was a fatality in an MVA last year doing what she loved the most, riding her bike. Seriously, not even doing stunts, as they use cameras all the time. :sob: I followed her and a couple of other bike riders who were ex Marines also doing this. No Fear…No Worries, they called themselves, but now they have just stopped. Drunk driver took her and two others out head on. … :church: :motorcycle: :pray:

1 Like

I feel safer on the bike.

It’s much easier for me to get away from you blind cage pilots on the bike then it is the car

3 Likes

Yeah true, I see where your coming from it’s just the risk reward is badly weighted in my view.
It’s the weekend racers that always get to me. I live near a mountain pass, the number of times bikes come flying past you on tight turns on narrow roads leaning so hard over that their head is half way into my lane… save that shit for the track. In all honesty it’s the same as boy racers in their shitty beaten up jap cars, it’s the driver that’s the issue. Difference being is the potential consequences, roll a car you can probably walk away, headbut a headlight not so much. Saying that the boy racers tend to do more collateral damage to others so…

1 Like

I don’t own a car… only have a bike. Got the missus’ twin cab if I need it but most times it’s two wheels for me.
Wouldn’t want it any other way. :+1:

Cars dull the senses, bikes sharpen them IMHO

3 Likes

I know what you mean, I feel the same on a bike. I have two, although I think I will sell my sport cruiser. On a bike I find that I am able to see further change direction quicker and accelerate/stop quicker to avoid trouble. Just adding up my years of riding and it makes me feel old…I’ve been riding motorbikes for 49 years…faaaark…,I have also done military riders course and advanced riders course. plus one of those race package rider courses eight years ago.
I’ve had classic bikes like BSA and Triumph 650’s, Italian Moto Guzzi an Ducati, a plethora of vintage to racing Japanese bikes. I’ve raced motocross, speedway, long track, classic road and supersports classes and I have come off at speed and at the starting gate. Broken ribs and dislocated shoulders, but I would never say I wouldn’t do it again.
My main fun bike now is one I am building through winter, was a 250 road bike, single cylinder, but when I am finished it will be in the style of the American flat track racer, road legal and weigh in around 110kg. Much kinder to my artificial knee than the cruiser. I already sold the 2ltr Nomad and bought a 650 Aquila to halve the weight, but it is still too much on that flunky leg, plus the riding position is not good for it.
Ride safe, Keep the rubber side down.

2 Likes

I have two bikes, a Hyosung GT250R and a DR650… I used to feel safer on a bike… but now there are so many texting road toad drivers not paying attention… I am not so sure.

I also know that up to a certain speed (on corners) a bike rider is in control… once you get over that certain speed, the rider becomes merely a passenger… no matter how much tighter he wants to turn, the bike will not turn any tighter… so if your trajectory on a left hand corner, puts you in the front of the truck coming the other way… the bike cares less… that is where you will be… on right corners, above ‘that speed’ … if there is a ditch or armco rail you are heading for… that is where you are heading…

I used to dream of faster and faster bikes… however, i wouldn’t trust myself on a hyperbike from this century… too easy to get out of control… and too many mobile chiccanes weaving on and off the road trying to see what is happening on farce book or insta-groan for my liking…badluck

3 Likes

safe riding is as much about planning and observation as it is application of power.

its not paranoia if they really are out to get you

1 Like

I still don’t trust myself badluck ceazy laughing (1)

or car drivers

good policies both.

cage pilots are the worst

2 Likes

Aaahh… so many times I’ve seen the comment “pics or it didn’t happen” on here :joy:

Let’s have a look at 'em there two wheeled contraptions then… I’ll start…

5 Likes

Now that will take a bit of ferreting about but…sure :grin:

4 Likes

3 Likes

The DR is a good ol’ bush pig. I have replaced everything that can be replaced… wheel and hub bearings both ends, fork seals and sliders/oil, greased the head, swing arm and link… (Suzuki didn’t bother with little things like grease)… front sprocket seal retainer, wire tied the neutral sender switch (the screws tend to fall out and destroy the gearbox), new brake pads (orgasmic) … new chain and sprockets, tyres, tubes, spoke head bands, spark plugs, done the tappets, new battery, rectifier, usb ports at front (2 permanent on and 2 on with the ignition)… vapor speedo/tacho/trip meter… apart from that it is all old (2003) laughing (1)

3 Likes

Disagree I’d say bikers are the worst.

1 Like

Actually I am a biker and have been all my life but I have to agree with you, the wankers I see every day on bikes and the risks they take no wonder so many die :no_mouth:

3 Likes

with a handler like that…you’re probably one of those cage pilots we get to know the license plates of by memory. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

but it is true…there are for sure d1cks out there on all number of wheels

3 Likes