Is this battery fixable?

Hey everyone , I noticed my negative wires on the charge wires of my stock acr battery are severed and exposed.

Is this worth fixing?

I have plenty of other batteries but whouldnt mind fixing if its safe . I have wire , solder heatshrink etc

1 Like

Heres another picture

1 Like

It looks perfect in the second one :rofl:

3 Likes

Lolol Im having trouble uploading

2 Likes

Yes it’s fixable, if you cut it of where the wire is good then solder a new piece of wire on then heat shrink it.
But it will be stiff at the solder joint and that may be an issue

2 Likes

1 Like

Its right down to the pin too so I gotta be careful getting in out and in without breaking it like i normally do

1 Like

1 Like

If you have an old battery with the wire and pin you could cut the wire and remove the pin and wire from the plug and solder that on

2 Likes

From memory u can buy the pins for them plugs from jaycar, if so just pull the pin out, cut it off and put new one on the wire and put it back in.

Or take this chance to upgrade to different plug :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Yes.
Get a pack of pins or plugs or salvage some.
Add an extra layer of heatshrink or sleeving where leads are close to each other or solder joints.
Jaycar have thermal insulation sleeving cheap.

2 Likes

This is my old battery haha.
I have a few similar still so will just keep using them on the acr, my other blasters and good batteries are deans and mini tamiya .

I just didnt want to perform surgery and heat up a battery doing this or to convert plugs but will give this a go. Have to check jaycar when I can I havent seen them pins there b4.

Check your parts bin.
Often, different plugs use the same pins.

2 Likes

You just gave me an idea i think i have something i can use.

I cant beleive i charged this a few days before i started testing springs. Will be doing a good once over before charging again from now haha

Just replace it… keep that one for a bench test battery or use it for something else. That one will always let you down in a game at EXACTLY the WRONG time badluck and may even burn your whole blaster to bits. Not worth it for the 20 or so bux it will cost to replace…

Then be careful with the wires on the new one…whip laughing (1)

3 Likes

Yeah confidence lost… Haha had none to begin with.
Its on the bottom of my list atm anyway but I will get there.

2 Likes