J10 Bushins and Bearings?

What size bearings and bushins do you need for a ACT J10 build?
Adding metal gears…
Cant seam to find the answer to this question anywhere.

stock nylon gearbox uses 7mm

1 Like

Right, is that 7mm for the bushins and the bearings or are those the same things?
Im totally confused.

The small outside diameter part of the bush/bearing is 7mm to fit in the 7mm hole in the case… the larger shoulder stops it going right thru… the hole in the bush/bearing is 3.2mm or whatever the gear shaft end is…

The bearings/bushes number means the size of the hole in the case… so the you beaut gearboxes with 8mm bearings/bushes need 8mm … nothing to do with the id of the bush…:+1:

Standard blasters often come with bushes, people ‘upgrade’ to bearings that go in the case instead of the bush…

However, bearings have been found to be not such a great upgrade… they tend to fail in high ROF blasters… hardened bushes seem to be the way to go now (lubed of course)

Ha! Well thank you for clarifying this!
Been looking for a answer for a long while… so basically 7mm bush i they way to go.

Just a question I saw that you purchased a 40cm inner barrel for your J10. Do you not find this barrel a bit to long compared with stock?

For a J10, yes 7mm. If you are going to modify it to the max, try and get hardened bushes… if it is only being mildly modified, bearings or stock bushes should be ok… but you need to use grease or oil on the bushes or bearings…

This shows the bearings, I have bought from happy.dandy… they seem legit. I think I got them cheaper from GelOps who are good too…

Edit: What they are calling ‘spacers’ are shims, which you will need to shim the gearbox when you put in the bearings or hardened bushes…

Could you just tell me how you use your 40cm inner barrel with you J10?
And do you know how long the stock inner barrel is?

The 40 cm one went in the SAW I think…

You can get a long inner barrel, then fit it, add stuff like fake silincer , splash arrestor and hop up or whatever, then trim the excess inner barrel off to suit…

Easy to shorten them… can’t make them longer…laughing%20(1)

1 Like