Loose metal pins

Anyone put a oring or tightend the metal pins that hold the blaster together. I have a few that are really loose

Hey mate, I’ve got a few that aren’t so tight but have never fallen out, if they do I will replace them with the threaded type with the little screw on the other side to hold them in.

1 Like

Hey mate do u have a link for the threaded ones

1 Like

I need some of these to, my acr has lost 1 pin allready and using plumbers tape or electricial tape dosnt work.

2 Likes
2 Likes

or pay 1/3 the price

3 Likes

Do these fit the j10?

2 Likes

they will when used in conjunction with one of these :+1::money_mouth_face:

homer%20hammer

3 Likes

3 Likes

yeah I need some replacement pins too. Would someone be able to take the dimensions of existing pins and post below (I’m on holidays and don’t have my acr with me) :grin:

I can try to get them tonight for you… if the kids go to bed on time … so no promises :crazy_face:

The only ones I have problems with are the two pins that hold the gearbox (the small one and the larger one on the lower in the middle). Jokes on me for using that 11V battery I guess?

My solution is duct tape on both sides of the little pin, you don’t need much. The bigger pin, although loose, doesn’t fall out on its own.

1 Like

If pins are loose, you can get a dot punch and put a few dimples in the pin where it sits in the housing (at both ends) so it acts like knurling… but what you have to remember with steel pins in plastic… if the pins become loose, it is not (generally) the steel pin wearing… it is the plastic wearing. So, new pins may be just as loose as the old ones.

Maybe see if you can find long roll pins and cut it to length and screw a screw in each end (each side of the blaster):thinking:

4 Likes

The small pin, in mine at least, has machined knurling at one end. Which reams out the nylon once you’ve removed and reinserted the thing a couple of times …

What you suggest might work for the larger pin though - I’ll have a look at it!

The pins in the links above don’t need to be tight because they have a screw in cap bolt

3 Likes

Ok so the bigger pin (I think all five big pins are the same, but only measured the one that holds the gearbox) is 5.95mm diameter and bout 34.2 mm long (including the head, it’s more like 32.0 that stays inside the blaster).

The small pin (trigger pin?) is 2.95 mm diameter, 31.9 mm long.

The JM M4 style pins with the screws don’t fit real well because of the molded raised and indented pin holders in the ACR body. You could probably get the front pin to work, putting it in the wrong way around makes the screw part nice and flush but they stick way out on the opposite side (held up by the raised part). The rear pin from an M4 receiver is way too short to work, mine measures only 25.5 long.

The M4 trigger pin I have is also too short to work.

Hope this helps?

1 Like

You could try flairing out the pins a little at the base. Remove the pins and place upside down on a hard surface (like hammering a nail upside down), then tap lightly a few times on the bottom of the pin towards the edges that are facing up. This should flair it just enough to hold it in. Works best if you have a punch then you can flair out the edges a little more.

1 Like

If you like to tinker, you could drill out the end and tap a thread into it and put a small screw into the original pins, will be a fiddley job or file and cut down the above mentioned pins to make em fit.

1 Like

Thanks for taking the the time to do the measurements @Torc!!

1 Like

Finally found replacement pins for the ACR and had to share:

1Set Split Receiver Bolt Set for JM Gen.10 ACR
https://a.aliexpress.com/Net3o1vW

4 Likes

Hey champ, there not gunna help ur cause if urs are loose but, cause its the plastic that is loose not the bolt

1 Like