M249 V3 shopping list

Hi folks
I have a m249 I am receiving for Christmas so I’m not allowed to take it out of the box until then
I have have plans to get it going a bit harder and was hoping someone could help with my shopping list
Which T-piece do I need to get…is it the same as gen 8 M4
What is the the best barrel length to get
Will the gearbox housing handle a 1.2 spring on 11.1 volts with metal gears and 33000 motor or does it need the nylon gen 8 housing
Open to any other suggestions
TIA

T piece is Gen 8
Barrel length - 35cm
I havent upgraded the gearbox on mine yet but it fires all day with stock gearbox on 11.1V battery. Just throw an oring in and an M90 spring (not sure size on the M90 as it doesnt say on the box and I don’t have a set of calipers to measure it)
I have added a metal barrel and made my own flash suppressor for the end. Looks good.

the only other thing I plan to do is put a spade grip on it and a magnetic front post so I can easily attach to vehicles and drums and things for area defence during games.

2 Likes

Just an update on my 249
Opened it up to have a look what’s inside and to replace the oring , barrel and spring
Nylon box was a pleasant surprise and it also runs bearings on the crown gear(the one the pinion runs on)
Nylon gears also
Just some basic mods to start with
Green Oring
1.2 spring
Alloy barrel at 40cm but length may be modified

2 Likes

I haven’t taken mine fully apart yet. If I stop being lazy I’ll throw a better spring and o-ring into it this weekend. I also want to get a length of 5.56mm belt and ammo to mount from the receiver to the magazine.

https://www.evike.com/products/25812/

1 Like

Haven’t had much of a chance to try it out yet apart from a quick shot in the back yard to test it out and at 10 metres it shoots a tight group
Still want to get a hop up yet
Will give it a proper baptism on Sunday

Hey, Did you get that m249 stock? If so do you know where you got it from, I’m interested in getting one and wouldn’t mind the nylon case and gears. Cheers.

1 Like

Go for the 1.25 or 1.28 uneven. My saw pumps 320 average with a 1.25 and plastic barrel

1 Like

And thats minus an oring

No, having trouble finding one now. The original link from Low Guido no longer works. If I find one I’ll post the link.

1 Like

Yes it’s stock
It had never fired a shot when I opened it up
It was bought from fleabay by my lady from Toy and hobby wharehouse in Mudgeeraba
Overnight delivery to

1 Like

Impressive fps for so few mods
Don’t have access to a chrono to test mine

Just one of my chrono tests

all it was is the spring upgrade lol

1 Like

I’ll be happy if mine gets anywhere close to that
I was hoping for 250-300fps

1 Like

Get the new ausgel 1.28 or 1.38 uneven spring, x force and vipertac have them in stock

1 Like

@Jellyboy https://ausgel.com.au/products/128mmunequalspring

1 Like