Mesh face protection

Are mesh masks and mesh eye pros any good for gelsoft?

For airs0ft, I assume the bb pellets just bounces off the mesh when hit but what about gel balls? Would it just impact on the mesh and crush through the holes? Wondering if anyone has used these before and what their experiences are and whether it’s viable for gel blasting?

1 Like

It’d explode and go straight through it, although at a much lower velocity. Wouldn’t recommend it for eye pro as I have a feeling the debris would still be going fast enough to possibly cause seriously damage especially at higher velocities and even if that isn’t the case its better to not have bits of gel spraying into your eyes. As for the mouth piece it would hurt a lot less and obviously would provide better protection than nothing , saying that you’d still cop a lot of gel debris though. Personally I wouldn’t mind getting a mesh mask but i’d be putting some sort of fabric infront of it to catch any debris would probably make it look better too.

1 Like

Most fields won’t accept them.

That bits and get through is enough of a safety concern

That’s a shame… would like something more breathable lol

1 Like

Less foggy would be awesome

What face protection do you guys run with? I just wear a cap, shemagh scarf and a goggles that fit over my glasses. Not the best option that’s why looking for something better :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Ive seen these mesh goggles being tested on youtube with bb’s. At close range paint chips off and they crush and even get big holes. You would go blind essily on a badly made one.

I use that type of mesh mask but with a neck warmer pulled up. Dont really need the mesh with the neck thing tho , and it can be annoying if your goggles don’t line up with the top of the mask.

1 Like

The mesh eye pro definitely not advisable in gelsoft. The mesh mask is ok if you want to protect your mouth. However the full mesh one is problematic as you wont get a good check weld with your blaster as it bulges out and it feels very awkward when when you try aiming down your sights. I have used something like this

Lets you breathe a little and offers some protection. Still hot during the summer but i think better then no protection. Ended up not always using it in summer but in winter its probably the way to go

1 Like

I personally just wear Daisy glasses…
These things hurt but not enough that I want to cover my mouth…
The worst was a point blank shot which barely left a ring of broken skin, or one that went into my open mouth from a team-mate.

2 Likes

Lol I’ve had gel ball for breakfast lunch and tea ! I only wear googles over my glasses and we end up with split lips regularly :rofl:

3 Likes

Definitely get smashed gels in your beard with the mesh masks… be alright if they were developed in vodka :blush:

4 Likes

I’ve taken a gel to the back of the mouth during a sprint, I see value in the mesh mouth piece but share the same opinion as above, no use it for eye pro.

4 Likes

Mesh mask would be fine for your lower face, but like everyone’s said, you want proper eye pro.

I used to just run safety glasses but after having them shot off my face as I turned my head, narrowly avoiding follow up gel to my eye :grimacing:
After that I used a full paintball mask. As I only play CQB I frankly won’t bother playing without a full face mask. The new harder gels are just getting to the point where at close range with some of the setups and rof players use, your tempting fate a bit. At least with CQB

3 Likes

get something like safety glasses for eye protection or OTG goggles if you wear glasses (i use ski goggles for my glasses and they never fog)

i use the mesh mask to protect my mouth from direct hits, a gel nearly went down my throat once and the mesh mask diffuses impacts to a low-velocity shrapnel basically.

yeah mesh eye pro won’t be allowed, fragments from direct hits still might blind you, lower velocity but theres a crap ton of it going into you eye

2 Likes

These are what I use because its the only one that fits snug with my glasses but I always feel like its gonna crack if I get hit at close range :slightly_frowning_face:

Yeh, that’s nice. I’ll look for one of these

You could go snorkeling in them too haha sorry @gaz :upside_down_face:

Search OTG goggles and find ski or motorcycle goggles they’re the best for glasses

1 Like

I’ve just ordered a pair of guard dogs evader 2 Googles for over my glasses. Will post thoughts when I get them. Got them with the photochromic lens.

2 Likes

nice, i got a tinted ski goggle from amazon and it fits well