More bad publicity from Townsville

So, another issue of inappropriate use of a gel blaster just occurred up in Townsville. Yet another MP calling on tighter legislation. What can the gel blaster community do to stop these dickheads? So frustrating, 1% of people doing the wrong thing and 99% doing the right thing but public opinion is that 100% of us are doing the wrong thing.

4 Likes

I spent 6 years up there and I know it’s changed so much in the 6 years since I moved.
But there are people who have grown up in Townsville and have a warped view of the world and very little understanding of the world outside there little bubble.

2 Likes

Are you sure it was a gel blaster?
I thought I seen somewhere it was just a toy ■■■ :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Headline I saw talked about gel blasters. Could have been something else but the target is replica looking weapons fake or toy and more legislation on them.

1 Like

Yeah I’m not happy at all about that fool. It wasn’t a gel blaster, just some toy even a with fake 50mm caliber mag. No gel blasters are like that. But of course some lady interviewed had to mention the word Gel blaster which the press pounced on.

I’m from Townsville too and we are not all red necks.

At the moment there would be 4 clubs in Townsville that I know of which are governed by strict rules and only operate in designated fenced off, aircraft size hangers or remote areas which are actual ■■■ club grounds.
The police are always notified before every event.
This is a very tuff battle we are up against.

3 Likes

Where did you live in the ville?

My kiwi mates fresh off the boat…
“Brisbane is so hot” I’m like no mate try living in Townsville thats hot.

Townsville had a quite a big car scene

2 Likes

I live on the hill in the Ville.
Yeah big car fraternity up here. I’m old school and wish I had kept this one too. It would be worth more than the rx3.

2 Likes

That is for sure. Haven’t managed to get to the field or the new indoor place because of a knee injury. I hope soon though, depending on how many more of these uneducated people or idiots doing the wrong thing. Certainly got a good following here though.

1 Like

Oh nice, I just want you to think twice before you open up the window and gel splatter all the people down below :rofl:.

Hopefully a speedy recovery mate. Look forward to seeing you on the battlefield @Dachongies

1 Like

@Hiroshima_screamer yeah a mate of mine lives down the road and I say to him when I am doing some home testing…“I think the rains are a coming tonight” :laughing:
Joking I have a bunker type setup under the house. It annoys the crap out of the misses though because it is right under the lounge room.

3 Likes

so bad to hear that, buy it online , use it secretly

1 Like

Know the feeling bro.

Me too, thanks brother.

Ask a politician if he or she can prove and demonstrate that a gel blaster is dangerous and where are the victims if they exist

5 Likes

Going back to Common Law “Where there is no victim, there is no crime”…

3 Likes

It’s pretty obvious it’s just another politician fishing for donations.

2 Likes