Motor terminals

Hi where to buy them wire motor terminals? Bunnings ones are too big.

I got my last bag from jaycar

1 Like

Possible have a photo of what to look for champ

https://www.jaycar.com.au/6-3mm-non-insulated-spade-connectors-pk-10/p/PT4630

Wrong size but if you take your motor in…

I think you’re looking for 3mm

Awesome and they had some 3mm?

I recall getting them from there

Not all gaycar have everything

Of course with my memory…I could just as easily got them from haymans or some other mob

But knowing what you want is half the battle

1 Like

If you can solder, I reckon it is best to solder the wire to the motor… sometimes it is a nightmare getting the motor in and the little terminals not coming off … or having a dicky connection at the motor (just at the wrong time) head

I have found that the little crappy terminals that come on blasters are so weak and flimsy that they cant be made to hold on properly… the slightest knock can get them to come off… but the small speaker terminals or other terminals are too big and can’t be bent over easily to get them to work…

Solder if you can :+1:

1 Like

Or a spot of superglue to hold the spade terminals on for easy removal

1 Like

Jaycar stocks the common 6.3mm and 2.8mm.
Motors are 3.2mm. Have not found an electonics retailer in Aust that sell that size yet.
They are available online and a bit pricier.

Went into jaycar a week ago and got the correct size ones for 3.2 they have them in-store

1 Like

auto electrican will have them. I get all mine from them

Seriously?
Would u have a part number?

https://www.jaycar.com.au/phone-type-crimp-lugs-pk-15/p/PT4520

As I said before, It doesn’t matter that you can get terminals… it is whether the terminals you end up getting will actually be able to fit inside the hand grip…

Yes, the original terminals are soft and weak… but they need to be to be able to bend to allow the motor adjusting plate to fit. Early on, I fitted some small speaker terminals to one of mine… but they were too big and stiff, that I couldn’t get them to bend over to allow the adjuster plate to be fitted.

I would suggest, rather than try to find some sort of terminal… just solder the wires to the motor tabs… You can buy JST plugs with wires which can be soldered to the motor and fed up past the gearbox…pop

Awesome. Thanks.
They couldn’t find any last year.

I’m probably going with hell no

Sorry @Calcifer but that header will melt under a few amps of constant draw

I did do the 2mm billet connectors, they worked a treat but we’re fiddlier to use than the spade plugs

I’m still using the spades

1 Like

Agreed.
Many use thicker/silver wires only to fall short on the connectors used. Cross-sectional/contact area and the ability to dissipate heat is everything.
In one drastic instance where I was experimenting a bit, I soldered thick solid wire to the motor terminals and soldered/desoldered components to that.
:sunglasses:

I happened to buy a pack of those from Jaycar this morning- if they work I’m happy to bounce you some. Will know later tonight

I’ve just been. OOS.

Maybe you need to be in quarantine then? :money_mouth_face: :rofl:

1 Like