No more B709 Permits for QLD

Hi all just thought I should share this as it may have an impact on our future imports for individuals. I applied for a permit recently and got this response from QPS.

WL Ref: Case ID ****

10 December 2019

Dear Mr ************,

Re: Application for B709 Import Permit

I refer to your recent application for Form B709 (Importation of Firearms – Police Confirmation and Certification) for:

Receivers (including Metal, Nylon and Plastic) for Gel Blasters.

B709 Police Confirmation and Certifications are not produced for Gel Blaster parts or accessories in Queensland.

Australian Border Force – Department of Home Affairs advises that B709 Police Confirmation and Certifications are not required for these items.

Your application has not been approved.

It should be noted that the final determination whether to allow the importation of the item(s) rests with Australian Border Force.

For further information please contact the Weapons Team of Weapons Licensing on (07) 3015 7777 between 9.00am and 4.00pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday or Friday.

Yours sincerely
D J NIXON

SENIOR SERGEANT 6328

AUTHORISED OFFICER

So it could be either good news or really really bad news :frowning:

1 Like

There is no change, the B709 was allways only for complete gel blasters not parts.

1 Like

I had a receiver seized by ABF and their reason was “SOFT AIR PART (RECEIVER) FOR A FIREARM THAT IS SUBSTANTIALLY THE SAME IN APPEARANCE AS A FULLY AUTOMATIC FIREARM”, and another receiver got through with no issues.

So it seems it depends on who the inspecting officer is and how they’re feeling that day :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Haha very much so. There’s not a border force in the world who are that good at what they do

Exactly, As QPS said.
It should be noted that the final determination whether to allow the importation of the item(s) rests with Australian Border Force.

Sometimes it’s not even checked !

2 Likes

That’s interesting… I’m thinking that it’s not the best news…

2 Likes