P90 V3 Nylon Gearbox mods

What can this box handle with stock gears ? 1.2/1.25 spring, Obliviousy a green O’ring :blush: 11.1 v battery etc. I have one for a project blaster. Not chasing to crazy fps but just seeing what it can handle.

Cheers WhiteYeti.

3 Likes

Fitted this last week. Running 1.25 and metal 18:1 gears and the stock motor. Have only run 1 mag through it.

1 Like

Where did you buy your nylon gearbox from?
Nice to have a link that we know is reputable

1 Like

There you go mate

2 Likes

That’s where I got mine from as well.

1 Like

Cheers… Want to get a couple and work out how to fit 2 or 3 of them in a blaster. That’s the easy part. Working out how to implement some sort of ammunition mag set up for 2 or 3 gearboxs, without it looking like crap… That’s the hard part.

Sounds interesting, keep updates on it coming please.

So I threw in a 1.3mm spring and green o-ring into the P-90 this arvo and checked compression. Bloody thing is leaking around the oring in the cylinder head and of course that is a non-standard o-ring (at least not in my box of o-rings). I guess there is something to say about those nice CNC one piece cylinder+head.

3 Likes

Any updates on the p90

Have you tried plumbers Teflon tape? (gas or water) that should seal it, but be removable when needed without destroying things.

1 Like

I have not but the seal between cylinder and head is tight so I don’t think I’ll be able to add a layer of tape. Just need to get a better oring and it took a while to find spare cylinder head orings but finally I did:

I just had mine apart as one of the little springs broke and was dribbling gels out the barrel so while I had it apart I threw in metal gears 100% plunger tube and supporting parts and a 1.3 spring also upgraded my trigger switch to a 15amp put some sound deadener in the nilon outer case thing is a lot quieter and hits heaps harder now

2 Likes

I’ve got a couple of these and thinking of putting a normal v2 gearbox in there so it takes m4 mags in the shell eject part. Bit like the FN F2000

Makes me laugh that you put sound deadener in there, I was loving how loud it was. :joy: I like the idea of a fake silencer shaped to amplify and direct the sound at the person you’re shooting at…

1 Like

I’ve gotta agree with the Teflon/ Plumbers tape on the head oring, had the same leak on one of my j10s, 2 wraps of tape was hard to fit in but great result in the end. I actually bought a new complete gearbox after one cracked, bought as stock and when I got it home, went to fit oring and head only to find it was all already done including the Teflon tape. All done from the store.

2 Likes

What gear ratio did you put in btw? I’d love to know. Have been wanting to put some work to my p90 but have always been hesitant. Shimmed the gearbox, put a metal pinion on the motor, brown o ring on the plunger, 1.25 uneven spring, aluminium tube and an 11.1v batt… its ok but would like to make a full metal internal build with aims to improving accuracy and trigger response or rof…so far ive stocked up on a single piece cylinder and head tube hahah, I would gladly take any tips and input for the p90 blaster!