Paintjob time need some help

Ok boys how would you tackle this style of paintjob? Love the subtle detail it adds to the ■■■ but don’t want to end up looking tacky because of my dodgy art skills (or lack of)

1 Like

Love that ‘worn’ look lol

tamiya acrylic tan paint spray the whole blaster. When dry grab a cloth some methylated spirits and remove paint from where you see it gone in the above pic

2 Likes

Oooh good thinking! The blaster i’m thinking of doing it to is part nylon but mainly metal do you think that paint will work across both surfaces?

yes. normally if you wanted a good finish you would need to prime the nylon parts before paint.
Only problem is you would need an airbrush to spray bottled tamiya acrylic as the tamiya spray cans are a laquer which is resistant to other paints going over the top and may be difficult to remove with metho to get desired effect

1 Like

Awesome thanks heaps! Will post picks when done

Tamiya paints. Purple arrows where paint lifted from removing masking as i did not have any primer when i painted this one.

2 Likes

personally I’d just do a light bit of spray painting adjustung the distance you spray to coat some areas mor than others. After that i’d do some dry brushing to make it look like paint has scratched off.

1 Like

Love the tiger stripe pattern! I’ll muck around with both techniques thanks boys!