Pay pal holding my money because I sell blasters

So I have a bit of cash tied up in pay pal and because I sell gel blasters they are not letting me access it. I don’t think I can sell on pay pal anymore!?

Wish me luck trying to get my gold back! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::gun::crossed_swords:

2 Likes

Good luck mate. Hopefully you sort it out with them. I know Azraels are even advertising using the PayPal installment payment thing so be fine with them using their service.

2 Likes

PayPal are anti-gvn, they have done this before. Just need to go through the usual sources and tell them they are legal toys for sale in Queensland and to licensed users elsewhere. It should all be sorted.

5 Likes

i have had all sorts of problems paying with paypal and sending money to members here and vendors.

i am abreast of a number of other forum / community groups who are pp victims and its a shitshow of tactoys proportion circa early 2020

2 Likes

I dunno I’ve had nothing but success with PayPal, they’ve saved my butt on a couple occasions with dodgey retailers that do not supply product I bought.
Even a seal for a washing machine paypal got that retailer into gear :+1:

5 Likes

Surely it can’t be legal for them to sever access to an account containing a merchants legitimately transacted money. If they have an issue and don’t want to continue the business relationship, wouldn’t the correct thing to do be to immediately release all funds and close the account?

It’s like me taking someone’s money in exchange for some item and then saying “sorry, I don’t like the way you look. I’m not giving it to you”.

2 Likes

It’s in their terms of service when you agree to use their services. They can do this kind of thing while they investigate. Likely an algorithim or some nit-wit in an office doing a review of new customers looked at the website and didn’t do much more but look at pics and froze it pending review.

Paypal are rapidly turning into a woke pack of shitbags

3 Likes

At the end of the day, I can buy an actual gvn on my Mastercard. I know they hit you per transaction as the seller, but sometimes the traditional ways are the best ways.

1 Like

Good luck getting your gold back though, that’s really poor of them!

1 Like

This has nothing to do with being woke. I’m a flag flying, left loving, racially and gender sensitive cunt and I’m all for gel blaster and sensible firearms sale.

They’re thieves, plain and simple. Greedy, controlling thieves. Keep that political shit outa here :laughing:

3 Likes

Ok woke may be bit of an overreach (at the moment :smirk:)
For you then @JazzyWard perhaps we could come to a compromise & agree on righteous thieving shitbags?

3 Likes

:handshake:

Indeed!

2 Likes

Paypal are owned by Ebay aren’t they?

Used to be but I think they had to split up over anticompetitive practises or something.

If they are what does it matter, you use PayPal services at your own risk, same as your credit card.
Fraud via online purchases is at an all time high right now and has been for months. I’ve battled and sorted out another one at 0 dark 3 30am. No financial loss, just another one that only needs your name and that’s it. They tried but fail in my case as I have protections in place.
PayPal are a vendor that offer another line of protection and have been 110% for the last 10+ years for me.
Each to their own experience. I’ve shared mine. Avagooday :+1:

2 Likes

LOL that was quite some time ago Ebay and PayPal split… maybe 2 years or more :thinking: can’t remember and don’t care :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

So how’s this!

last night I transferred some money from my PayPal account to my business account and woke up this morning with my account reading that PayPal took away an amount!

all because I sell gel blasters!

yeh i know that i need to follow guide lines but are these shitty woke companies ever going to wake up to their crap?

so maybe i start my own online bank for gel blaster businesses and call it GelPay!?

The point I was going to make is that ownership by a scummy, controlling, money hungry company like Ebay would go a distance in explaining PayPal’s attitude towards things

Has you’re PayPal account been opened as a business account or is it to a personal account? There is a difference. I had an online payment platform for an old business about 8 years ago. Had to upgrade it (just paperwork bullshit and they up the fees) to a business PayPal or they would presumably pull this kind of shit. The ATO is getting stuck in PayPal wanting to force tax compliance on account holders who have been running cash businesses under disguise with the platform.

1 Like