Phantom extremis IV-APS Silver edge gearbox- accuracy issue

Hi all, my wife has recently purchased me one of the tactical edge platnium range of blasters (Phantom extremis Mach IV) which is running an APS gear box. Since getting it i have noticed even with after using several different types of gels and hop ups (most recently and the best so far is the rizer R1) the accuracy and placement of the shots is appauling (over 20m fall in a 2m radius) and compared to my slightly modded gen 9 is nowhere near what my expectations would be.

Can anyone who is familar with the box or blaster give me any tips or pointers into different things i could look at to improve this or specific mods they know have increased accuracy before. Ps FPS to me is mich less important than accuracy and hitting my target.

Ok so there are a few things going on here and some will be easy to fix and others are normal and so will be hard to address.
The Extremis is as advertised a CQB style blaster so has a very short barrel, this is in itself is not conducive to great accuracy at 20m so it is not a fault , it was designed for short range CQB.
I suspect your blaster also has s 7.5mm id barrel so needs larger gels like the LDT red packet milkies or change the barrel out for something better with a smaller id and possibly slightly longer.
What fps are you getting ?

1 Like

About 305… interesting i think i might have mixed the numbers up. Mine actually got a very long barrel. Yes i have tried the bigger gels ( green ausgel armour tech and it made some difference but not much!
20191014_191348|666x500

I can’t see the pic.
No sure then why it should have such poor accuracy.
Is it still stock or have you modified anything ?

I think that one should work… its a long barrel similar to the titan… only mods i have done are replaced the black o ring with a brown one for better seal which had a slight inprovement to i noticed. Other than that all stock.

Ok well guess what ? I shortened my Titan because it was just too long and especially with the shitty big id :rofl:
Here is mine now with 360mm 7.3mm id S/S barrel, I think with the 75% cylinder the stock barrel works poorly :+1:

1 Like

Ok interesting… i would of thought that longer barrel would be more accurate… awesome i might try a different barrel any particular brand you suggest?

With a 430mm barrel and a 7.5mm id you would be better off using a 100% cylinder to get a better cylinder to barrel volume ratio.
These are what I use.

1 Like

He is probably shaking because his missus keeps tagging him when he least expects it? :rofl::grin:

1 Like

That Johnny Wang is now nearly the only gel blaster mall I visit. Quality and the last package came in a week.

2 Likes

Yep very happy with his products and service especially those barrels and motors :v:

1 Like

That actually looks out of proportion.
This is what a good gunsmith can build.

2 Likes

Nah see a gunsmith would like something like that crude implement but a good blastersmith see’s things more refined :rofl:
JK ,that thing looks sick bro :sunglasses:

2 Likes

weird man, i’d take it back and get them to check it.
i got one of them exact blasters as some fun while i build my custom and the thing is a weapon.
all i did was drop an A5 motor in it and its shooting 320fps and straight as hell.
before that it was still dead on but only 270fps