Prepping for the Apocalypse!

I’m holding out till inauguration day before I decide to sell!

Got any Nuka-Cola?

3 Likes

This is a personal thing but I think adding a proper “coke can” “suppressor” would be absolutely mint on that

2 Likes

now you are thinkin a redbull one give it wings

Okay, I am impartial to the red-bull option! I do though have some custom magazine paint jobs planned and one of those is going to be in the style of Coca-Cola (stolen idea from internet) so might be to much soft drink branding if combined!

6 Likes

Or go full prepper and thread an oil filter as a suppressor. The rubber o rings act as baffles. Would be pretty nose heavy that’s all

1 Like

I’ll have to start changing my comment on your videos to “Always here for the tunes, the blasters, the beard, and the pipboy”

for a weapon your life will depend upon, that is in a sorry state.

Well, if you must know…I started my exodus from the Capitol with only a stainless steel beard comb in hand…so getting my hands on this once I escaped the city limits was a step up for me.

3 Likes

probably surplus to requirements as there is a bunch of guys on here with much love for red heads that would be your bodyguards…

1 Like

Straight from the fields of Afghanistan :+1:

Cool…just so fkn cool.
That’s all I can say!

So…before anyone loses their mind…

a)the bayonet is an aesthetic attachment and is fitted for display purposes only
b)the bayonet is an artistic choice to meet the post-apocalyptic brief
c)the bayonet will not be fitted during gameplay
d)the complete blaster with bayonet fitted is a replica and NOT a weapon
e)if you take issue with the bayonet, then this is not the blaster you’re looking for…waves hand like Jedi

6 Likes

Is that a mower blade bayonet? Looks the fucking business mate!

Hedge clippers :astonished: The plan is to have one on each side.

2 Likes

Why do you think I have a VSS!?

Looking awesome

The bayonet needs some heavy weathering, rust and perhaps some dried blood…
And / or a nice big chink out of it where it’s blocked a sword etc… Otherwise the apocalypse has been a bit quiet your end of town… Haha

1 Like

It’s perhaps hard to see in the photo but that blade is almost completely covered in a pretty thick layer of rust from sitting in my shed for the last 10 years, agree that it needs some battle damage though! Once I’ve got it all built then I will be trying to add some more detail to it…trench art, weathering type battle damage stuff. Still hung up on a few structural things at the moment but your tip with the peroxide has been an absolute game changer. Probably the best thing I have learned since starting gel ball!!

1 Like

Oh awesome, and glad that tip helped.
Peroxide: “You call that rust? Here, hold my beer…” :rofl:

If you ever want fresh blood look, the model paint translucent red does the job, and for dried blood (which is nearly black) I use the translucent dark grey with a bit of red. As seen on the zombie axe I posted earlier.

2 Likes

This was quite literally going to be my next question! I was going to put together a video for YT once I have finished it. I hope you won’t mind if I give you a shout-out / credit for all of these tips!

1 Like