Pro XPower Magpul AEG Nylon split receiver.. Don't do it... It's a trap

PRO XPOWER MAGPUL AEG NYLON SPLIT RECEIVER FOR M4A1 GEN9

Looks cool but don’t do it. It by no means fits a Gen9. I have spent 2 days modified and making my own parts to get this to fit and now my dog won’t hunt (blaster no longer shoots) so now I have to figure out what’s going on there

Everything for the gen 9 is a trap. Nothing fits without mods. Stupid chinese junk.

lmao…not so much but yes, at the moment there aren’t an awesome variety to choose from.

pretty soon we will be swamped with options

I spent $300 on upgrades and only a few things work without modding. I even had to machine and weld parts. Have a pretty much full metal M4 now though.

noice…

and modding wouldn’t be modding with the need to mod :smiley:

Yeah, i get that, but if you pay money for parts that are meant to be direct replacements, you would expect them to fit. I could understand if i was trying to make parts for different gun fit.

Yea…I wholly get that also.been caught out a few times and it’s one of the reasons I’ll pay local supply tax these days

Not because I want to throw money away, just that I don’t want to get d1ck3d around

I wish i had a local store i could go to that had parts in stock. They’re always sold out, hence the reason i went with ebay. Am going to drive from the sunny coast to south brisbane tomorrow for a bloody t piece - that’s how desperate i am.

1 Like

Aren’t m4a1 @, Maroochydore?

They’re in Caloundra (Adelaide and Brisbane too). I work right near them actually in Corbould park. They have very limited stock and are always out of stock of spares, but apparently have a 40 ft container of stock rocking up next week.

1 Like

Patience is a virtue with gelsoft

Be it getting the right parts

Or waiting for some Muppet to poke his head up so you can unload

Patience is a virtue :rofl:

1 Like

But i wanna shoot my gun haha. Only put a couple of clips through it so far.

From what I understand it pew pews

Just doesn’t do single shot which is fairly pointless anyway :rofl:

Yes, in Caloundra (very west)… they charge arms and legs too… their blasters are +70 bux more than ebay…

They do cost more than ebay, but most ebay sellers dont have overheads like a shop to pay rent for, staff and insurances. They also have to pay upfront for stock they could potentially never sell. You can go into their shop and play with the guns, cant do that with ebay. Scott is a great guy and even let me swing by to chrono my gun and just have a chat without even making a sale from me. Im happy to pay more for that kind of service.

2 Likes

It must be luck of the draw what works with Gen9’s. I saw the reviews saying Magpul is the receiver to get for gen 9 upgrades. I had a brand new gen 9 which i wasn’t happy with so thought I would build my own gun. I saw this link https://bigbosstactical.com.au/product/bd556-nylon-aeg-v2-receiver-shell/
because it was on special, then bought a Warinterest gearbox to go in it and a plethora of after market metal body parts. Soon as I put a Turnigy battery on the Warinterest gearbox it striped the the nylon plunger teeth. Those gearbox’s are shit.
So I thought I would put my Gen 9 metal upgrade kit in the Warinterest body, NO those internals are not compatible.
Then I remembered I bought a nylon gen 9 shell which I didn’t like the look of ages ago which is why I bought the Warinterest box in the first place. Well all parts fitted in the gen 9 nylon cheap case no probs. And luck of the draw the Gen 9 gearbox fits better in the Xpower BD556 reciever than the original gen 9 receiver.
tan%20gun

ThatGuy

16h

They do cost more than ebay, but most ebay sellers dont have overheads like a shop to pay rent for, staff and insurances. They also have to pay upfront for stock they could potentially never sell. You can go into their shop and play with the guns, cant do that with ebay. Scott is a great guy and even let me swing by to chrono my gun and just have a chat without even making a sale from me. Im happy to pay more for that kind of service.

Yes, I went there today… they have moved. BTW… I went to the old shop near Corbould park and they were gone. They are now at 134a Bullcock st, Caloundra.

The new shop is awesome, but being on a pension, I just can’t afford the premium price of shop bought blasters… I have to do everything on the cheap

I understand it being hard on a pension. But the blasters are not a premium price, it’s just that ebay sellers are selling from home usually and have no overheads. Just like a backyard mechanic will be cheaper than one with a proper workshop. I have my own business and always get the “oh but old mate on gumtree can do it for this much, why are you more”. Old mate on gumtree would have no insurance and little to no after sales support, much like some ebay sellers.