Question about growing gell balls

I am currently in the process of growing my first batch of gel balls using two small spoons of balls in a bottle with 3/4 tap water.

Currently I am about an hour into the process, and I notice the balls are growing at uneven rate, and rather deformed, just wondering is that normal?

I’ve also notice a couple that has cracked or even broken apart o.O I did turn the bottle upside down a couple times to make sure all balls are getting even amount of exposure to water, would that have been the cause of the breakage? Is it nessasery to stir them every now and then or should I jist leave them alone =.=??

It’s normal don’t worry about it :wink:
Just leave them and come back later, or watch them if you want :rofl:

1 Like

even the breakage O_o?
i thought they supposed to be “extra hardened” :joy: :joy: :joy:
i go check on them every half hour or so, it’s kind like observing science experiment during primary school lol

1 Like

Yes sometimes a few will break and yes even the hardened ones :+1:

1 Like

duly noted sir :ok_hand:

1 Like

It’s ok you can play with them if you want, tickle them, swirl them pick a few up or whatever floats ya boat :rofl:

2 Likes

I also like playing with my balls and watching them grow :joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

3 Likes

ROFLMAO that sounded so wrong :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Ok so gel ball growing.
Some subscribe to the idea that when growing your gels there should be enough water that each gel has its own space and only one high, not stacked and not crammed together, apparently the gels if all sitting on top of each other can deform in the grow period and others say it’s best to constantly agitate them for better consistency.
I don’t doubt any of these methods but when making large batches it can be a pita.

3 Likes

I just throw one packet in a 4l plastic container full of water and after an hour or two I measure a few and when they get to 7.2mm I remove the water. I say 7.2mm because I use a 7.3mm id barrel and that’s about the perfect size for my setup.

2 Likes

arh, so it would be good idea to invest in one of those clamp looking measuring tool.

leaving them all flat makes sense tho… hmmmm

Oh my, not a clamp looking thing :no_mouth:
A digital caliper :rofl:

It does make sense but it’s just not practical with large batches unless you have a huge container

3 Likes

yah that lol, digital caliper…
Jesus i can’t imagine sitting there whole day measuring them one by one lol

1 Like

I don’t measure lots, only a few to get an approx. average size

3 Likes

Seems to be successful o.O
The gela grown to full size in about 2 hours, testing using the old plastic tube, and the size seems to be rather consistance
(putting the gels inside and blow them out by mouth testing travel and reaistance)

Quickly shot about 30 before work and the consistance in grouping at 10m± has increases by a lot compare to the bucket of randoms, and no breakage so far.
Could the solution to my accuracy issue be this simple lol?

1 Like

Very good :+1:

https://forum.gelblasterforum.com/t/who-can-beat-me/1984

1 Like

Page doesn’t exist or is private o.o

Oh I see, you need a few more posts yet to access the members lounge. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

It’s probably a good thing you can’t access the members lounge, you could see things in there that you can’t unsee :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Here is a screen shot

3 Likes