Questions for Upgrades for M4A1 and Vector

Hey guys,

So I have recently gotten into gel blasters and am now considering updating my gel blasters and was wondering what people thought of what I have discovered so far and could help point me in the right directions

So for both blasters, I am running 11.1V battery.

Proposed Upgrade for Gen 8 M4A1:

1. Green O-Ring

2. 1.2 or 1.3mm Spring Upgrade

3. Metal Barrel Upgrade

4. Hop Up

So the questions I have for the M4a1 are:

1. What size spring should I use with stock gears?

Proposed Upgrades for Vector

1. Green O-Ring

2. 1.2 or 1.3mm Spring Upgrade

3. Metal Barrel Upgrade and maybe unported cylinder

4. Hop Up

So the questions I have are for the vector are:

1. What size spring should I use with stock gears?

2. What length barrel should I look to upgrade to and should i keep the ported cylinder or get an unported one? (I have been unable to find a suitable answer for this)

Also I am open to any other basic upgrades you can recommend that might help improve performance.

Any advice or feedback would be great guys, just learning the ropes so trying to do it right the first time.

Cheers,

So if your running standard gears, 1.25 unequal spring in both, with the m4, I would suggest getting a good cylinder head with double oring nozzle, spend some time making sure you have a good air seal and.making sure the nozzle contacts the t piece nicely. Choose a barrel that will match what gels you’re using.

Now the vector, I would run the same 1.25 unequal spring, 100% cylinder, oringed nozzle, and honestly can run about a 25cm barrel, but it’s a bit of a mish to get a hopup to fit. Get yourself a metal outer barrel and suppressor,

I have just finished a vector for a mate and I hate it so much lol, its running a purple chihai motor, 16.1 gears with sector delay, 1.4ish spring, 7.4mm barrel, r2 hopup, easyfet mosfet, and it has a good rate of fire, but 100% needs a sturdy metal outer barrel as the plastic one allows too much movement of the barrel assembly and hurts accuracy. The motor was a prick to get to work but got there in the end

2 Likes