Sector delay chip needed or something else?

Hey guys, the whole works to a g9 box (metal gears, stainless cylinder and cycliner head, metal rail plunger with over sized green Oring, 470 hi torque motor) as well as a game master tight bore 40cm barrel. When it does fire, it fire hard and straight.

The issue is that it barely fires well and often 2 or 3 balls will come out. Im thinking i need a stronger spring on the return slide (cant think of it’s proper name) and/or a sector delay. I also need to ensure my mag is loading properly so will also check it.

Any advice is appreciated before i tear it down again. (ZeHamish i will get the measurements for you this time as i didn’t have my verniers with me during the build)

Return spring and sector chip. You could also replace the tappet plate entirely but a sector chip gives you better control over the tappet timing

If your tappet plate returns reliably don’t bother so much on that front of you have a nice one already

Cheers mate, just running the stock tappet plate. It does seem to return a little slow. You wouldn’t have a link to a video showing the gearbox assembly working in slow motion so i can get a better understanding of how the balls load and just how it all works in regards to timing.

I do, ill try and find it…

scroll down to the gif animation when you get there.

4 Likes

I’ve got sector delay chips if you are looking locally… Either retro arms or fighting bro brands… Pm if you’re interested bud. 5 bucks each plus a few bucks postage.

3 Likes