Since when is red negative?

I bought these tamiya connectors on the internet to go with my Turnigy 1,2 batteries because that is what they use and I have 3 of them.
Went to the trouble of cutting the old plug off my gun, resoldering and shrink wrapping only to find that black is positive and red is negative on those connectors . That don’t work too well with my batteries.
Has anyone else come across this same problem?

1 Like

Usually with most plugs that have wires crimped on, there will be a little metal barb that stops the wires coming out.
If you push that in with a needle or similar, you can take the wires out and swap them around

2 Likes

bro scrap the Tamiya clips and go the deans you won’t look back

3 Likes

xt all the way :slight_smile:

i do have a preference for naked plugs and a crimper but even that doesn’t stop me from putting leads in the wrong hole.

arty_marty is right…there are tags you can depress to pull out the pin.

the mini tamiya has two either side of the pin that you can access through the front of the plug

2 Likes

You don’t have to press them too hard either. If you do you might have to bend them out a little if it won’t click back in and hold. They will break off if you keep bending them back and forth though.

Thanks @Arty_Marty that little trick worked a treat about swapping the two little inside connection posts, saved me from re soldering which I am useless at. I was so proud of my work and didn’t want to re do it :sweat_smile:

1 Like

All of these made up connectors can be bought in A connection arrangement and B connection arrangement… if you get the wrong one, you just have to pop out the pins and place them in the opposite holes.

That is why one has to check that the orientation of wires are correct when you have changed plugs.

If you have a smart phone that came with that little pointy pick to get the simcard drawer out… they work good to pop the pins out of connector plugs :+1:

1 Like

…and here I was thinking you were old school @Calcifer and your flashing around your smart phone :wink:

Yes… In the olden days we’d have to cut up a cat food can and make ourselves a shim

You youngsters… Have no clue of the hardships :rofl:

yes, and coke can shims are about half the thickness of a cat food can shim…

Once I had to buy some washers for something, they were about the size of a 10c piece. the shop wanted 15c each… so I went home and drilled holes in some 10c pieces… much cheaper than buying them :rofl:

Used to set the points on the EH panel van with a hacksaw blade, the chevvy used a stanly knife blade… with a hacksaw blade, the dwell was all over the place…

2 Likes

EH you young wipper snapper, I was the envy of the neighbourhood driving around in my T model. I use to love pulling up out side the general store and being the only one who didn’t have to tie his horse up. Still love that fancy hand break mechanism.

2 Likes

I know of a model t going for 32k atm

1 Like

You young whipper snappers, when I rocked up to the cave with my dinosa- oh god, let’s not start this again…

1 Like

I had to change the welsh plugs in the EH once… but I used the wrong size socket… it was a tiny bit too big… once I pushed the welsh plug in… I couldn’t get the socket out DoH!!

There is probably a red motor somewhere still with that socket stuck in the welsh plug… at least it was an odd size socket… like 7/8ths or something… but I hate having socket sets with a socket missing… especially when you know where it is/was… but couldn’t retrieve it :face_vomiting:

1 Like

ah yes we’ll if I had a shilling for every time I heard a young cobber start a conversation with ‘back in my day’ then id have enough to take a nice bird to the drive in for date night :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes