Staying Healthy

Crazy times we’re seeing here, people… haven’t seen the likes of this in our lifetimes and kinda hoped we never would.

With forced lockdown, everyone bunkering down at home and the closure of gel ball venues, it seems to be a great time to mod, service or just generally get out in the yard and play with your blasters. There’ll be a lot of trees sporting perforated leaves in the wake of this virus.

Please stay safe and healthy, gel ballers. I’m sure we’ll all be back into it with enthusiasm once these strange times have passed. :+1:

6 Likes

Yeh I done F’d up, got the blasters, got the tools, got the mods (mostly) but I’m lacking the ammo, I’ve got about 10k… Whoops

2 Likes

10 Likes

and for the rest of you…there’s a compound in RAW GARLIC (yes, you read that right) that is a fierce anti-viral and immune boosting antagonist.

the “official” therapeutic dose is fresh minced, let rest 10minutes, 2tsp (not tbsp, but if you want…)

now i lurve garlic but 2 tsp of fresh raw mince is a bit much so its good to know that you can pair it with ginger, chilli, bacon etm…you can even use it as a tea but that’s less effective.

and if nothing else…it’ll have the woman telling you to get out of the house, you smell…

you can’t lose

5 Likes

Can confirm that IS NOT internal advice given to RBWH staff on how to fight covid19, more general good health advice someone has put together. Below is a chart with common symptoms which may be of help to some.

2 Likes

Interesting blek.

I was devastated the local pub shut the front bar and dining room but glad the bottle depo section was open still :grin:

1 Like

Yeah it’s a pretty shit situation and unfortunately at this stage the only effective prevention is social distancing/isolation :zombie: it’s only going to get a lot worse before it gets better :worried:

1 Like

British government just downgraded covid19 from being an ‘acute, deadly infectious disease’.
If Aus can keep virus complications down enough to not overload the medical system the public will be fine. The recession we are now hitting will kill far more than the virus. On the plus side I’m sure we can just dig more dirt out of the ground and sell it :wink:

1 Like

Also loss of the senses of smell and taste (Rare)

1 Like

Ummmm, this is fake Im sorry to say.

I work for SA Health and we haven’t received anything like this. Only direction to our Governments website for facts.

Stay healthy!

3 Likes

i read on some news articles that there is a new vaccine under test which will be pushed out to the front line medical stuff to help prevent covid-19 infection, have you heard anything about that O_O?

1 Like

Yes I read that but only in younger cases (>40 years of age??).

Still could be 6-9 months away :worried:

1 Like

Any new vaccine will be at least 18 months away. They have to be tested extensively for immediate and long term effects.

Pushing a new vaccine out to medical personnel quickly is the most bullshit statement I’ve ever heard. That’s the last thing you would do. Risk taking out your whole medical infrastructure on a poorly tested vaccine. Yikes, better get them all to hospital - oh wait… Doh! :roll_eyes:

Let’s stop spreading misinformation and just stick to talking about things we are experts in. Gel blasters.
And if you want to help and have a 3D printer, print some face shield frames and get them to your local hospital. That’s what they need right now.

4 Likes

Thanks @IronSpear.
Post deleted.

People are the problem!
My young fuck head neighbors are having a loud barbeque party right now and observing zero social distancing :clown_face:

7 Likes

Animal trails started this week and with a $10M boost from QLD Gov. should bring the program forward by 6 months hence the “still could be 6-9 months away”.

Hope your face shield frames are TGA approved otherwise they’re going straight in the bin!

2 Likes

The road toll and being hit by a taxi are greater and more likely to happen then catch this ‘deadly’ (has killed 12 people over 80) supposed disease…

It is simply our normal flu season, but with a name and the media pumping it for all it is worth…

https://www1.racgp.org.au/newsgp/clinical/flu-season-2019-looking-ahead

That link is 2018 looking forwards to 2019 flu season… exactly the same as this year. WE are being HAD by someone

2 Likes

@Calcifer while our flu seasons can have a high mortality rate, covid19 is highly contagious with no vaccine and can cause patients to decline very quickly which is what makes it so dangerous. It doesn’t act like a ‘typical’ virus and can remain dormant on surfaces for hours. There are so many unknowns as well - it’s not known if it can be caught more than once and to make it worse there has already been two other strains isolated (mutations of the original), in different parts of the world.

I’ve added a little info on how it behaves for anyone interested. I’m not going to get in to a slinging match over what’s right/wrong, I just wanted to make people aware how important social distancing is because it is the only prevention we have at this stage.

How does this coronavirus cause infection?

The virus is spread through droplets transmitted into the air from coughing or sneezing, which people nearby can take in through their nose, mouth or eyes. The viral particles in these droplets travel quickly to the back of your nasal passages and to the mucous membranes in the back of your throat, attaching to a particular receptor in cells, beginning there.

Coronavirus particles have spiked proteins sticking out from their surfaces, and these spikes hook onto cell membranes, allowing the virus’s genetic material to enter the human cell.

How does that process cause respiratory problems?

As copies of the virus multiply, they burst out and infect neighboring cells. The symptoms often start in the back of the throat with a sore throat and a dry cough.

The virus then crawls progressively down the bronchial tubes. When the virus reaches the lungs, their mucous membranes become inflamed. That can damage the alveoli or lung sacs and they have to work harder to carry out their function of supplying oxygen to the blood that circulates throughout our body and removing carbon dioxide from the blood so that it can be exhaled.

1 Like

Oh great f me people are the problem chuck a gel nade in there :rofl:

4 Likes