Stock holder broke

Broke the stock latch on my ACR :frowning: , I have looked everywhere and I don’t think a replacement part exists, there is an upgrade stock but it’s $180! For repairs I’m thinking glue will definitely not hold so I might have to make a bracket of somekind, any help will be gratefully appreciated :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bummer dude,
I thought i saw a j10 stock (stock) in one of the 100’s of online stores but i was browsing.
I would contact @zhenduo_gel_blaster and ask them if they can get one in for you.

1 Like

Glue the bugger back together, upgrade to a battery pouch and mount to outer stock. Will last all weekend.
I think there are not many aftermarket options for the ACR, was built with proprietary in mind.

You get a block of aluminium and break out the dremel and files. Then it won’t break again.

3 Likes

@FordScott @Rosher exactly, there is not much ACR options to replace the broken buttstock, the factory is lacking manpower, have to wait until next year

1 Like

Buy another J10…

Go on, you know you want to :grin:

5 Likes

Couple holes
Some 8g fencing wire. Couple bends
Metal putty

Form the wire to bear a good deal of the pressure for your new assembly… little length on the ends
Two holes reasonably spaced for the wire to be placed into
Metal putty the assembly. (Bit of glad wrap is handy here)
Let cure, remove and finish.

I know I do, a black one. I’ll give it a 50cm barrel and a whole bunch of crap to make it shoot with properly.

Welcome mate. I did the same. Picked up another J10 from another member as a failed project. Used it for a number of spare parts.

1 Like

Hahaha, today I went and fingered my fire selector! Snapped it clean in half and seized it right up from self tightening thru fire select. Oh well, no option but full auto…

Bugger! laughing%20(1)

Too much single fire/stop start is harder on it than just going pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew… anyway… just ask Hammie rofl die%20dillon

1 Like

you must have seen me giving the DMR a field test the other day mowing down the unsuspecting opponents

1 Like

you can just get the stock now for the acr

1 Like

check this out if you still haven’t fix that

If anyone’s still having this problem, I’m getting the beefed up A&K one from shapeways (it looks like JM cribbed A&K’s design, at least from the general configuration).

Once I get the part and (try to) fit it I’ll let you all know how it goes …

You’ve probably got it sorted by now, but if not maybe get one 3d printed? A PETG part should hold up ok. If you can get all of the dimensions it should be doable (an easier than milling an aluminium block). If you’re around Brisbane and can’t find anyone to do it for you, I might be able to help out.

There is a 3d printed part (actually significantly beefed up) on Shapeways which I’ve ordered. Not sure how much fitting is involved - it is for the A&K Masada which seems like the thing that JM used as a pattern for the J10.

Haven’t received the part yet, but I’ll let you know how it fits when I do.

This is the part I ordered

OK so I received the part, it fits into the stock just fine but doesn’t lock the stock into place - the latch is too beefed up I guess.

The dremel and grinding wheel fixed the problem. Shapeways is using sintered nylon now, from the looks - it’s hard to work with but should be more solid than the original piece.

Here’s a photo showing where I ground it down:

I’ve cleaned the edges up since that photo and hit it with some black spray paint to cover up the horrifically bad rush job I did on it (got bored and upped the dremel speed …)

So it works, but you need some hands on to get it fitted well. If I break it I’ll get back to you all about it, but as I said it seems stronger and more solid than the original, even with some of it ground out.

3 Likes