Tac toys mk3 comp ready m4a1

I have a mk3 comp ready m4a1… has anyone done any modes… they are claiming 280fps… mine is only getting 260fps… I think I have a fair bit leakage in my cylinder…

You could have an air leak or it might be the gels or hopup causing the difference. Just remember they probably were hitting Around the 260 mark and had one at 280 so “up to 280” it is. Lol.

2 Likes

It’s a gen8 ffs ! Very expensive gen8
The way they guy in the video carries on made me want to avoid it :thinking:

3 Likes

Bwahahaa
It’s got $50 worth of parts in it and they add 250 to the price!! :joy::joy:
I looked at these and then bought a M4a1 v4 for the same price.

2 Likes

My thoughts exactly :no_mouth:

1 Like

I only started January this year cheers for your advice.

They’re super flimsy. Good on paper but classic Tac Toys rip off if you ask me

I brought it just after Christmas. And when I first pulled it down I was surprised that it only had metal gears 1.2 spring the plunger and cylinder were standard… recently I read on tac toys web site that they have a metal rack on the plunger??? Mine is just the same as standard plunger. I was curious to see if anyone else has pulled one apart to see if they had a upgraded metal rack…

Our local shop from where I am tested one and it was average 285.

Donnie take it back, as “it is significantly different from the sample or description” which falls under major problem, also had you of known you wouldn’t of bought it.
put it back together and if they want to say no ask for it to be chrono’d in front of you and tore down and shown why its different, don’t take store credit either. I hate shady companies

Ref: https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/consumer-rights-guarantees/repair-replace-refund

3 Likes

I’m 10 hours away from tac toys… but it was purchased from a supplier in Rockhamton… I might give them a ring and see what they say.

I certainly would, its not ok to mislead people.

1 Like

I have seen a MK3 chronoed at 285 avg too, i somewhat agree it is super expensive for just a gen 8 with some basic upgrades, but its cheaper then tac edges premium range with similar performance and tac edge charge you $700 because there metal, the internals are similar to a MK3’s so there doing exactly the same scam only hiding it under metal exteriors. I would say thats what tac toys are going for, it is a comp ready blaster, that appeals to those who cant justify spending over $500 on a blaster.
I also agree with CMX3I just email them or facebook them and explain you have chronoed it and its underperfoming, if you can provide photo evidence of it underperforming they will let you post it back to them and replace it or fix it, because like you say its probably just an air leak, and this happens with all blasters that come from china.

They replaced the piston with a metal ladder… I should off asked about the low FPS I’ll try mo day and see what they say… I have a alloy climber and alloy head on the way which should bring it up to 280fts

you could also just do a quick troubleshoot on the air compression to see if you can identify it, not sure if they seal T piece or not, or maybe nozzle has come loose or something, but yeah not normal numbers.

Alloy Climber? What’s a climber?
Maybe a 1.28 spring or m90 might be worth putting in since it’s going to be apart!

Metal gear + heavier spring on stock plunger =.=?
Damn they build it to last

2 Likes

Might have been a Friday arvo build and just forgot to put in the metal rack plunger?
Pretty bad error in build though…

3 Likes

@Daveb Think climber means plunger rack… :wink:

1 Like

Typo sorry mate ment to be cylinder

1 Like