Tac Toys new M4A1 MK3

This is my first blaster, figured I’d pay more to get more. Couldn’t have been more wrong, currently trying to get a refund on this and was wondering. Should the terminals on a magazine be somewhat centred? Because mine are way off.

Then the little clip that you open to pour in your gel balls snapped and it also came with a pre broken extension barrel fresh out of the box. Any help would be great. Morale of this story is Tac Toys has good marketing and that’s about it.

1 Like

IMHO, the terminals do look out of alignment. Poor build quality there. I have an idea about what they will say about the filler flap and pre broken extension. Taccy Toy is gaining a remarkable reputation for no morality to the consumer whatsoever. I wish you luck.

9 Likes

Skipping over how shit waktoys is , but I have a couple mags that do that , m90 two , ak etc. They still work fine it just does wonders for my o.c.d.

4 Likes

That misalignment is pretty normal for a gen8 mag (which is what that appears to be). You can disassemble it to get them properly aligned, or sometimes gently push to the side while assembled and they’ll move. It actually doesn’t make much difference to the contacts when in use, they are spring loaded, but it doesn’t look “premium” does it…

4 Likes

Thanks for the replies. I don’t like my chances either but they seem a lot more human over the phone. I think I’ll go in today as the blaster is only 3 days old. Try to argue that it’s not a “stage 3 comp ready” premium blaster. Any other advice/options are super appreciated. Want it to sound like I know what I’m talking about at least.

2 Likes

Careful… that thin veil of humanity they display over the phone tends to disappear when you front up and ask for your refund. :joy:

Let the administration charges begin…

6 Likes

Understand your consumer rights before talking to them. If they agree it’s faulty or not fit for purpose they can replace or refund, but I’m pretty sure “admin fees” and “restocking fees” aren’t OK…

2 Likes

Hi mate,

Sorry about your predicament.
All I can say is I sympathize with you as I have very recently purchased my first blasters and out of the box they barely worked properly.

I like to research the hell out of things before committing, but think by now I have read and seen enough reviews that I have come to realise your basically paying for aesthetics. Function is secondary. Blasters are in nature a DIY project to fine tune them.
It amazes me to see reviews where people payed $500+ for blasters with problems but still accept it as “the norm” and to even go as far as praise there vendor still. I think there is fear of speaking out, and in my opinion an industry bent on a popularity contest.

4 Likes

Hey guys just went in. Apparently it’s “store policy” not to do a refund and the problems with the ■■■ are “normal” On the plus side they are replacing the whole blaster with a new one. I guess that’s a positive. Bit weird that a replacement is fine but a refund isn’t though.

1 Like

replacements are fine because they will just sell the one you returned to some other poor sod.

9 Likes

Their store policy is, again, not in compliance with Australian consumer law as I understand it.

That said, hopefully the replacement blaster works for you :+1:

5 Likes

If it fails 3 times it is not fit for purpose and is considered a major fault. You can ask for a full refund z they have to give it to you and it is illegal for them to take out any fees from that FULL refund.

It’s also illegal for them to tell you that it is not store policy to refund. That is grounds enough for them to be reported to ACCC and fined, and technically for you to ask for a full refund based on the fact that if you knew they were going to lie and break the law you would not have made the purchase in the first place.

8 Likes

So the terminals are even more off, the springs that connect to them were nice and bent and I’m getting all these lovely fragments where the mag goes

there is also a gap in the mag well at the back side. Is there a screw loose? Seems like you got the one the last guy/girl returned

5 Likes

Is that the “new” one? That’s awful :sob:

2 Likes

Tac Toys seem to be building up a reputation for selling faulty products :X

7 Likes

@AlienCrustaceanCrab I know this prob ain’t useful but I have only seen quality in the 250+ price range - I know 140 bucks is allot but I started off cheap now wouldn’t buy anything less than 250. I am a bit picky I guess :grin:

3 Likes

What happened to "It comes sealed in the box so you know your getting a brand new blaster guys"

6 Likes

@Rattler Exactly, pretty sure he didn’t even remove the plastic it was just sitting behind the desk

3 Likes

Wow I’d be taking that back with a print out from the ACCC website about refunds. What’s $140 worth? A key down the side of a Merc would cost approximately $140 :zipper_mouth_face:

6 Likes