The new mac 10 blaster

I’ve seen you can get a mac 10 now, looks like a very cool cheap blaster to muck around with. Has anyone got one yet and have any feedback? I’m keen to get one and mess with it or even use it as a bad ass sidearm.

Mine is due tomorrow. Purely for the lols. I’ll let you know.

2 Likes

The one I held a couple months ago felt super cheap (like ABS) to me. Hence the price point I guess

I looked closely at it. Nice looking blaster.
It is something different and big.
This blaster is 10-15% above scale and more the size of an SMG than sidearm.
It uses a deagle gearbox which is not flash using the small 280 motor and prone to breakdown if pushed.
Lots of room inside for mods but at that price there are SMGs that use 370 and 460 motors that outperform it by 60-100fps stock.
Nice blaster but don’t expect too much.

2 Likes

ah good to hear. I assumed for the cost corners would be cut. I’m still tossing between that or an mp7 for the next play toy.

Have you looked at the EVO3, UMP45 and the AK 74U as well?

FWIW, the MAC-10 is extremely light @ ~570g, while my V3 MP7 is just shy of a kilo. Believe the V4 is nylon gearbox (?), but otherwise unchanged,

I have prepared a visual aid to assist with your decision, including some suggestions from @Cruise :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

That’s an impressive collection.
The somewhat ugly EVO does 230fps out of the box and sells for $99.
While this modified M1911 does 200fps.

6 Likes

Dude it’s that yours? If so, it now needs to be called:
Tek1911

3 Likes

LOL
Yep.
I figured what is arguably the best gb pistol needed to be mag-fed.

7 Likes

Mother of God! I want to swear heaps of swear words in amazement but that would probably be frowned upon. Suffice to say, I really fucking hope to cross paths with you one day (but on the friendly end of a Blaster, not the angry end)…

2 Likes

LOL. That’s funny but I get what you mean.

1 Like

That has got to be the unjankiest DIY job I’ve seen! Props to you for a) the concept, b) the execution.

3 Likes

seeing the two ■■■■ stuck together like that makes we want more ■■■■ to mess with. maybe a mac1911 later on now.

I’d still get the MAC1O and modify it, probably with a 1911 gearbox, 370 motor, MOSFET and laser and add some texture to that grip.

Then when the 1.2cm diameter springs arrive, I can tweak this little EVO.

1 Like

Damn you going into the 40watt phase plasma range on your spring :rofl:

3 Likes

LOL. Why not?
Plus a Buckeroo Banzai oscillating overthruster.

2 Likes

Update:

Stock numbers with WI milkies

Inside look

Similar but definitely not a deagle gearbox and the 370 motor means there are plenty of quality alternatives.

Plenty of options

6 Likes

Better.
1.25 spring and tight barrel now pushing 210fps and still quieter than most.
I relocated recharge to a button on the right making it a one-handed task. :sunglasses:
PS
Do like the way it opens with 1 screw up front.

2 Likes

Anyone run one on 11volts?